The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report Violaton of copyright

3 posters

Go down

Report Violaton of copyright Empty Report Violaton of copyright

Post by Lost_ABC June 19th 2009, 7:02 pm

Hello, I am a representative staying in the United Kingdom For ABC.com. I have come across a forum that you are Hosting that is breeching our copyrights and infringing our image rights in a major way. My Assistant back home at Disney Studios has informed me that they have contacted and engaged in pressing the ' report this forum ' icon many times and has yet not seen any change. We have contacted you on many occasions and believe you may be avoiding us for some unknown reason.

Here at Disney ABC
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA. 91506

We take copyright and infringement very seriously.May i remind you that we own all image rights and videos footage of the chosen subject the forum is dedicated to. We have a process where all applicants who wish to promote our shows have to apply and satisfy our panel of administration. On this occasion we see that the forum in question would be declined and that a descision in the future would also be declined as it does not fit the required criteria.

We have had to post our comments on here to get your attention and by law must remind you (a) Anyone who violates any

of the exclusive rights of the copyright owner as provided by sections 106 through 122 or of the author as provided in section 106A(a), or who imports copies or phonorecords into the United States in violation of section 602, is an infringer of the copyright or right of the author, as the case may be. For purposes of this chapter (other than section 506), any reference to copyright shall be deemed to include the rights conferred by section 106A(a). As used in this subsection, the term “anyone” includes any State, any instrumentality of a State, and any officer or employee of a State or instrumentality of a State acting in his or her official capacity. Any State, and any such instrumentality, officer, or employee, shall be subject to the provisions of this title in the same manner and to the same extent as any nongovernmental entity.

(b) The legal or beneficial owner of an exclusive right under a copyright is entitled, subject to the requirements of section 411, to institute an action for any infringement of that particular right committed while he or she is the owner of it. The court may require such owner to serve written notice of the action with a copy of the complaint upon any person shown, by the records of the Copyright Office or otherwise, to have or claim an interest in the copyright, and shall require that such notice be served upon any person whose interest is likely to be affected by a decision in the case. The court may require the joinder, and shall permit the intervention, of any person having or claiming an interest in the copyright.

(c) For any secondary transmission by a cable system that embodies a performance or a display of a work which is actionable as an act of infringement under subsection (c) of section 111, a television broadcast station holding a copyright or other license to transmit or perform the same version of that work shall, for purposes of subsection (b) of this section, be treated as a legal or beneficial owner if such secondary transmission occurs within the local service area of that television station.

(d) For any secondary transmission by a cable system that is actionable as an act of infringement pursuant to section 111(c)(3), the following shall also have standing to sue: (i) the primary transmitter whose transmission has been altered by the cable system; and (ii) any broadcast station within whose local service area the secondary transmission occurs.

(e) With respect to any secondary transmission that is made by a satellite carrier of a performance or display of a work embodied in a primary transmission and is actionable as an act of infringement under section 119(a)(5), a network station holding a copyright or other license to transmit or perform the same version of that work shall, for purposes of subsection (b) of this section, be treated as a legal or beneficial owner if such secondary transmission occurs within the local service area of that station.

(f)(1) With respect to any secondary transmission that is made by a satellite carrier of a performance or display of a work embodied in a primary transmission and is actionable as an act of infringement under section 122, a television broadcast station holding a copyright or other license to transmit or perform the same version of that work shall, for purposes of subsection (b) of this section, be treated as a legal or beneficial owner if such secondary transmission occurs within the local market of that station.

(2) A television broadcast station may file a civil action against any satellite carrier that has refused to carry television broadcast signals, as required under section 122(a)(2), to enforce that television broadcast station’s rights under section 338(a) of the Communications Act of 1934.

We have now forwarded the case to our Fraud and investigation Dept. Who are working with our lawyers to establish and build a case- These moves however can be avoided if the forum is removed from your hostbase.

The forum in question is situatated here - http://theotherlostforum.forumotion.com/portal.htm

We own all rights to the Show LOST.

If you require further asssistance please contact
Steve Brock @abc.com

500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA. 91506

Or telephone me Direct.

I hope we can avoid further actions and look forward to you co-operating.
Lost_ABC

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Report Violaton of copyright Empty Re: Report Violaton of copyright

Post by Sanket June 19th 2009, 7:04 pm

Please report it here.
https://www.forumotion.com/en/litigation/

Also, i will forward it to the admin here.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost_ABC June 19th 2009, 7:12 pm

Thank you for your speedy Response. We have tried on numerous occasions.
Lost_ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 19th 2009, 7:27 pm

Lost_ABC wrote:Thank you for your speedy Response. We have tried on numerous occasions.

Thats fine, i have forwarded it to our admin. We will hear from him on monday since weekends are off.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost_ABC June 19th 2009, 7:42 pm

I have been to the page it is asking for screenshots- We do not have screenshots and have none in our possession. If the forum is still running when our team Review the case we have no alternative but to forward the case and advance the subject. May i remind you that the Host is responsible and therefor face all charges. We are offering the chance of redeemance by removing the forum until it has applied for permision by our board and has been approved. If the forum has not been removed then we will continue our case.
Lost_ABC

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 19th 2009, 7:45 pm

As Sanket said above he forward this to an Admin that takes care of these things. He is away till Monday as he doesn't work on the weekends. There is nothing we can do besided forward the message and wait for a reply.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down