The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Go down

post new topic field stopped scrolling - new IE upgrade issue Empty post new topic field stopped scrolling - new IE upgrade issue

Post by TasV June 24th 2009, 2:38 pm

When typing a new topic the new topic field has stopped scrolling automatically so you can't see what you've written below a certain point. If you scroll down to the end of the new topic text and resume typing it jumps back to near the top of the new topic so you can't see what you are typing. It doesn't seem to do this here and it has only, in the last few days, started doing it on my forum.

Any ideas? I've just done the automatic upgrade to IE8... that's when it started. Doesn't do it in Firefox 3.0.8, or Safari 3.1.2... wondering if this is an IE glitch anyone else has noticed?
TasV
Forumember

Male Posts : 101
Language : English

Back to top Go down

post new topic field stopped scrolling - new IE upgrade issue Empty Re: post new topic field stopped scrolling - new IE upgrade issue

Post by MrMario June 24th 2009, 6:32 pm

Ahh yes, this is due to some web sites aren't fit for IE8 yet. Try this and it will fit the problem. Using Compatibility View
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

post new topic field stopped scrolling - new IE upgrade issue Empty Re: post new topic field stopped scrolling - new IE upgrade issue

Post by TasV June 25th 2009, 9:44 am

Thanks MM... that fixed the problem and I can post to my forum so that other members also experiencing the problem can also fix it.

A few questions though... The 'help' forum here is running on the same platform isn't it? Is there any reason why these forums here weren't affected and mine was? I assume the programmers will be working on these and other compatibility issues... as changes are made will they be published to appear in my admin CP news and will the changes be seamless or will I have to upgrade phpbb versions?

Cheers,

Simon
TasV
Forumember

Male Posts : 101
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 25th 2009, 7:16 pm

I don't have any clue. But the IE8 is new and they are still working on some things. If you just click on Make all Web Page Compatibility View you won't have any problems.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down