The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email notification to ALL registered users

5 posters

Go down

Email notification to ALL registered users Empty Email notification to ALL registered users

Post by isaverbeke@yahoo.com July 2nd 2009, 2:37 pm

How can I have a notification email AUTOMATICALLY sent to all registered users whenever a new categorie AND post is created.
I have been looking quite a lot in the configuration but can not find anything about it....
Thousands thanks in advance for your help.
isaverbeke@yahoo.com

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Email notification to ALL registered users Empty Re: Email notification to ALL registered users

Post by kirk July 2nd 2009, 3:11 pm

you either have to go through there profile in the acp panel and set it?
or they have to set it themselves. even if you set them i belive they can still change it. it's there option. not everyone wants to have a email sent to then for everything all the time.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Email notification to ALL registered users Empty Re: Email notification to ALL registered users

Post by isaverbeke@yahoo.com July 2nd 2009, 3:33 pm

Hi kirk,
well, i have found this panel, but can not find that option....
Please help! i have looking for many forum - but this option is never available....
Isabelle
isaverbeke@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 2nd 2009, 4:50 pm

you will have to click on the username in the acp panel then permissions and then select the options( Always notify me of replies ) (Yes)
(Notify by mail when a new message has arrived in your in-box )(yes)
oh and allow news letters.

but these are the only options. there not going to get sent a email every time another member starts a new topic etc...

and i think if they want to they can still go to there profile and change it.
Like i said this is the members option. not everyone wants to be notified all of the time.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by isaverbeke@yahoo.com July 2nd 2009, 4:54 pm

Thanks kirk.
the thing is that we are a small group of person (around 10) and we all want to know when a new topic or post is created.
If i understood you correctly, this is not possible.... ???
isaverbeke@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Christos July 2nd 2009, 5:05 pm

yes it is possible , she just said that members, can actually change it to ((no)) after you change it to yes
Christos
Christos
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1238
Language : English,French,Greek,Luxembourgish

http://misery.in-goo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 2nd 2009, 5:19 pm

well your members will see when a new topic or reply is posted by being on the forum.
here take this to put as your new post icons if you want it? this way they will not miss if there is a new topic,comment etc...

Email notification to ALL registered users 3342qa9
Code:
http://i44.tinypic.com/3342qa9.gif

place it in admin panel>display>advanced>icons for forums.
and put it in the (category new) and (forum new) then hit save
and then click icons for topics and put it in (subject new) and hit save.

so it's up to you if you want to use it. but your member will definitely see when there is something new posted Smile

Christos wrote: she

SHE!!!!!! affraid LOL. yea she is a pertty one.. but I'm a he thumleft
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by isaverbeke@yahoo.com July 2nd 2009, 6:06 pm

ok, thanks kirk,
Christos, i do not want to be notified only on replies but on all posts/topics created
Isabelle
isaverbeke@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok July 2nd 2009, 6:21 pm

isaverbeke@yahoo.com wrote:ok, thanks kirk,
Christos, i do not want to be notified only on replies but on all posts/topics created
Isabelle
That's currently not possible to be done. You can only manage the settings to where if a user replies to a topic, then everyone who has replied to that topic will be notified via email.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by --kml-- July 3rd 2009, 1:44 am

o lol

hello kirk!! xD
i was also going to reply she Mr. Green
well how about making the Notification reply only ADMINISTRATOR and MODERATOR . and she OOOOPS i mean he Razz also given a new icon Mr. Green
--kml--
--kml--
Forumember

Male Posts : 456

http://kmlforumhl.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 3rd 2009, 1:24 pm

--kml-- wrote:o lol

hello kirk!! xD
i was also going to reply she Mr. Green
well how about making the Notification reply only ADMINISTRATOR and MODERATOR . and she OOOOPS i mean he Razz also given a new icon Mr. Green

It's the same way. mods or admins will only be notified on the post or threads the choose the option for. or if they have it set in there profile.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down