The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you discover Editboard?

+27
rusty9
chandar
lockelymarkets
marx123
Jay
thefrizz
DJ R@F
Leelow
Joana
JRiscool87
shadow dragon
Isabel_Kitty
**manu**
Sapphire Rose
forumbocukleri
The Alex
Adripotpot
Niblerste
Arlene
SeanTrek
@µ®€|¡£N
maëlstrom_19
Erel
unique
Tristou
Caihlem
Cornelia
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How did you discover Editboard? - Page 2 Empty How did you discover Editboard?

Post by Cornelia June 17th 2006, 1:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone.

I open this topic, because it's always interesting to know how the members discovered Editboard.

Is it by a friend? By a Google search? Just tell us Wink

Me? Well, I discovered Editboard on September 2004 when I wanted to create a personal forum. I was already on two phpBB boards, ans so, I wanted a board which is similar, so I asked the administrator of one of these two boards for info and he told me about Editboard (which its original name is Forumactif, because it first started in French). Even if I had the "typical difficulties of the nOOb" to start a forum (it's always harder with the first forum because we have no experience), I learned about the features of forum administration and I began to help people on the French support. And also, I met people with whom I discuss regularly on MSN.

One year later, when this English board started, I registered here, and a few days after, when the first team was formed, I was named moderator because of my experience, Tristou knows me well because he was formerly a moderator on the French support for a long time.

Last winter, while I was having a dark period where I had some bitterness towards the Editboard team, I tried to go on a support forum of another forum host where me and two other people were starting a project (we had to abandon it because of conflicts between members), but I didn't have the same feeling than on Editboard. I didn't feel at home and I soon came back on Editboard. And on the French side, I became a member of the forum team as a Helper.

And now, it's going well between me and the team. Wink
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

How did you discover Editboard? - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you discover Editboard?

Post by Wiegraf September 10th 2006, 7:52 pm

Let's begin the genocide then.

My forum is in french ^^

I discorvered Forumactif (french name of Editboard) while browsing one of my friend's forum : i saw the link at the bottom of the page, and I created a forum.

Now, how did I get on the FDF? I was trying to solve all my problems by myself (I got used to admin pannel real quick by doing this), but one day I had no solution to my problem, so I went to the support forum ^^

Now about editboard : one day, in the support section of the FDF, I noticed a sticky saying Editboard needed moderators speaking both French and English, so I registered here ^^

knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

How did you discover Editboard? - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you discover Editboard?

Post by admin** September 10th 2006, 10:55 pm

Welcome Knight!^^
(Fais gaffe à Dogeta XD)
admin**

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem September 11th 2006, 1:17 pm

How did you discover Editboard? - Page 2 Gunsmileysu5

Bang bang bang!!!!

Deux de moins Twisted Evil

-------------

Two in less Twisted Evil

Well, my first forum is in French, but god only know why nder it gives a link to the english support forum... But to catch up for the french forum, I'm making an english forum on a much larger scale
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiscool87 September 11th 2006, 8:42 pm

I discovered editboard on the web. It had some good features so I signed up to have my own forum here, and compared to what I have seen, this forum provider has more features than any other one I looked at. For a free forum provider, I was very satisfied of what the features where. I had my forum around for sometime, but I just didn't sign-up here because there was alot of things I had to do, plus with college and work I didn't have time. Today was a perfect day for it.

...And oh by the way, this version of this forum is better than the last one. Keep up the good work How did you discover Editboard? - Page 2 Icon_lol
JRiscool87
JRiscool87

Male Posts : 12
Language : English

http://funenjoying.editboard.com/index.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Joana September 11th 2006, 9:17 pm

One of my friends decided to do a forum...
But she had some problems doing it.. So she asked me to do the forum... I did, and then I made one to myself too.
Joana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Leelow September 16th 2006, 11:45 pm

hey Katt, you gave me the Hyperlink :p
Leelow
Leelow

Male Posts : 21
Language : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ R@F September 19th 2006, 11:55 pm

found thru Google.. there was a sponsored Ad
DJ R@F

Male Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by thefrizz September 24th 2006, 12:38 pm

My friend made a forum from an advertisement she seen on the internet, she invited me to her new site, I admit it isn't nearly as good as editboard, it doesn't have icons, as much emoticons and alot of other things that make your site more attractive and easy to use.

I found out about editboard when I googled about how to make your own forum. I seen lots of sites but this one as trustworthy, now I have a good few users, mostly just my friends, but I'm only getting it started, trying to make it easier for people who don't understand this type of site,.

(P.S. It's good that you can have an easy to remember URL)
thefrizz

Female Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Edje October 17th 2006, 8:31 pm

Hello Smile

I discovered Editboard in September 2005.
I was a member of phpbb-fr, and an other member speaked of editboard in DG. So, I go to forumactif.com Wink
Edje

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay October 17th 2006, 8:35 pm

Are you still a member of phpBB-fr (just a question) ?
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Edje October 17th 2006, 8:36 pm

Yes Wink
My username is :: Edje :: Smile
Edje

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay October 17th 2006, 8:39 pm

Do some members of this forum critics about Editboard ? I remember, at first they do many critics...
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by Edje October 17th 2006, 8:40 pm

I don't know ... I know that a member who speaked of editboard asked question about it, after ...
Edje

Back to top Go down

Post by maëlstrom_19 October 17th 2006, 11:13 pm

Huh... Editboard is a modified PhpBB forum. (I'm not sure, but chek, the forum have a link for PhpBB, in the bottom.) Why pepeole want to critic ?

Now we can back to the subject. <--

(Dojeta, why change you name ? I saw Caihlem, but not pepeole said Caihlem go into the moderators... Now I see Bang Bang whit the guns and I know it's you ! Laughing)

Last edited by on October 23rd 2006, 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
maëlstrom_19
Forumember

Male Posts : 86
Language : French and English. (You can correct me. ^^)

http://www.maelstrom-design.ca.cx

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem October 18th 2006, 9:12 am

Caihlem isn't Gautamas -_-

If you look in the moderator lists, you'll see both Caihlem and Gautamas.

If it can help, my name here was Dojeta until recently (less than 2 weeks ago)
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by maëlstrom_19 October 23rd 2006, 4:24 am

Ya, I have see that ... T_T ... What is the Idea for change name ? Laughing
maëlstrom_19
Forumember

Male Posts : 86
Language : French and English. (You can correct me. ^^)

http://www.maelstrom-design.ca.cx

Back to top Go down

Post by marx123 October 25th 2006, 1:55 pm

me??

well i created a forum and when i needed help..i browsed on www.phpbb-tweaks.co

but they havent replied yet..so when i go to my forum again and when to admin panel..and i saw this Support forum as well!

^_^!
marx123
marx123
Forumember

Male Posts : 309
Language : english , pilipino, french(al ittle)

http://www.battlerealms.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lockelymarkets December 19th 2006, 3:09 am

i googled "free forum"
lockelymarkets
lockelymarkets
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : English, French and German. Please PM for MSN address.

http://transit.forumzen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chandar December 19th 2006, 5:58 am

hi,

i got it through, google search... well i checked all the forums... but, as per forum name.. it looks much nice than all.. Wink

edit board done a very good job...
chandar
Forumember

Male Posts : 70

http://marinapoint.bbfr.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty9 December 21st 2006, 3:17 pm

well i was on 2 forums before i made my own. i thought it would be cool to own my own so i went on google and searched for "free forums" and i just picked editboard. and it's been good to me ever since. we have 25 members with almost 9,000 posts.

but most of my friends think proboards are better. i say screw them caz all the proboard forums they've run have died. mainly they died caz they didn't have rules.
rusty9
Forumember

Male Posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by lockelymarkets December 24th 2006, 4:58 am

I entered my forum into google but it hasn't been added yet. Sad
lockelymarkets
lockelymarkets
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : English, French and German. Please PM for MSN address.

http://transit.forumzen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chandar December 24th 2006, 7:00 am

friskybear wrote:I entered my forum into google but it hasn't been added yet. Sad

it took more than 2 days time, for server work... i added my forum in google 10 days before... now, its visible in google... just wait...
chandar
Forumember

Male Posts : 70

http://marinapoint.bbfr.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Wolf December 27th 2006, 1:24 am

i was doing various google searches for 'phpbb hosting' + 'mods'
when a link for forumotion.com came up - stating u guys were using phpbb3

so i signed up Wink
Bad Wolf
Bad Wolf
Forumember

Female Posts : 287

http://darkfx.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by running with wild horses January 20th 2007, 8:10 pm

I didnt "discover" editboard, but my partner did, I discovered it by messing around with my site. but i just wanted to make a comment. I find your support forum very helpful as well as the staff, thank you for that. my questions were answered quickly.
running with wild horses
running with wild horses

Female Posts : 19
Language : english

http://www.amerisin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizigidibizi January 20th 2007, 8:54 pm

google thumleft
i was searching freeforum How did you discover Editboard? - Page 2 Mouais
bizigidibizi
bizigidibizi
Forumember

Female Posts : 49
Language : Turkish

http://help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster January 20th 2007, 9:11 pm

I saw it on a profile of a member at POL (Pokemon Online) and I looked at it... and was like:

"ZOMG ITS SO HAWT!!!!"

So I looked at it a little more and then was like... :

"I have found my new forum"
Buster
Buster
Forumember

Male Posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2