The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to hide the "favicon" completely?

3 posters

Go down

Is it possible to hide the "favicon" completely? Empty Is it possible to hide the "favicon" completely?

Post by LouieWpHs04 July 11th 2009, 5:27 am

I don't really want the favicon in my html pages nor the actual forum and I can't seem to find a way to hide it. Is there some blank image link I can use somewhere or a way to simply disallow the favicons from appearing at all?
LouieWpHs04
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to hide the "favicon" completely? Empty Re: Is it possible to hide the "favicon" completely?

Post by Sanket July 11th 2009, 2:22 pm

General>Forum>Configuration
Forum favicon : Keep that blank.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to hide the "favicon" completely? Empty Re: Is it possible to hide the "favicon" completely?

Post by LouieWpHs04 July 11th 2009, 4:30 pm

I did, and it didn't get rid of it. I did however find a way to hide it on the forum by posting up a blank favicon img. However, I still have the image on my HTML pages area which I don't want it on. When I leave it blank it reverts to a little green chat box looking thing which is what I want to get rid of. (I'm using PHPBB2)

Last edited by LouieWpHs04 on July 11th 2009, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
LouieWpHs04
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by †figure July 11th 2009, 4:32 pm

make a transparent 17 by 17 box.
sorry I don't know

Last edited by †figure on July 11th 2009, 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
†figure
†figure
Forumember

Language : morse code

Back to top Go down

Post by LouieWpHs04 July 11th 2009, 4:34 pm

The problem isn't what to do graphics wise. I have the graphics I need to hide it. I just can't seem to get it to work for my HTML pages. When I play around with the general config it only seems to effect the forum. The HTML pages I made I think i'll need a manual code for & to insert my favicon.

Edit: I figured it out. You guys can close this thread now.
LouieWpHs04
Forumember

Back to top Go down