The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Censoring of words in quotations does not work?

5 posters

Go down

Censoring of words in quotations does not work? Empty Censoring of words in quotations does not work?

Post by agency.operator July 22nd 2009, 7:14 pm

I have added a list of banned words in my censor list in the admin panel and its working most of the time. However if the user uses quotations around the word its not being censored. How do I fix it so all banned words are censored even if the user is using quotations. Example the word banna is censored but “banna” is not censored.

Thanks
agency.operator

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Censoring of words in quotations does not work? Empty Re: Censoring of words in quotations does not work?

Post by Sanket July 22nd 2009, 7:45 pm

I believe that won't be possible unless you create "banna" & censor it as well.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Censoring of words in quotations does not work? Empty Re: Censoring of words in quotations does not work?

Post by Tarogasini July 22nd 2009, 11:25 pm

May i ask what banna means ?
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by agency.operator July 22nd 2009, 11:46 pm

banna is just the example word. i banned a word like banna then a member posted "we like banna" and the word was not censored. I would also like to be able to ban a phrase. It would be helpful if there was a way to ban a phrase like "we like banna"
agency.operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Base July 23rd 2009, 1:25 pm

To ban a phrase, add a wildcard (an asterisk) before of after the word "banna". For example:

*banna*

That will censor "We like banna" or "Banna is awesome". I'm not entirely sure why the word is not censored in quotes, though.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid July 23rd 2009, 2:31 pm

I think it (database or whatever) looks for the amount of characters and then looks at the center character, then the first and last until a perfect match. So, "banna" would register as 7 characters, rather than 5.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down