The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Watching

2 posters

Go down

Forum Watching Empty Forum Watching

Post by Jacamanda July 23rd 2009, 10:49 am

As opposed to Topic Watching... I have a forum called GROUP MESSAGES. It's my intention of asking all my members to watch the forum so that any newly created topics - deemed group messages - will trigger email notifications to all members that have selected to watch that forum.

One of my members selected to watch the forum and indeed received a notification email that a new group message had been posted. However, he said when he logged in at a later time, he was no longer watching the forum and had stopped receiving email notifications. He, himself, had not clicked to stop watching.

I'm left wondering if this will happen to other people which then defeats the purpose of forum watching.

I'm not sure how to tackle this.
Jacamanda

Female Posts : 4
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forum Watching Empty Re: Forum Watching

Post by Sanket July 23rd 2009, 4:29 pm

Can you ask him to watch the forum once more & then see what happens?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacamanda July 23rd 2009, 4:51 pm

I have asked him to start watching the forum again. I am due to be adding another group message to that forum in the next day or so. So I'll ask him to let me know if he receives an email notification.

Will get back to you on this soon.
Jacamanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacamanda July 29th 2009, 1:04 pm

Well, he's still watching the forum but he hasn't received any email notifications of new posts to the email address he registered with, i.e. group messages, whereas I have. One was a sticky. Another of my forum watchers said he'd received ONE email notification despite TWO posts being made. Are no notifications made in regard to sticky posts?
Jacamanda

Back to top Go down