The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signatures Not Attaching To Messages & Posts

4 posters

Go down

Signatures Not Attaching To Messages & Posts Empty Signatures Not Attaching To Messages & Posts

Post by Bella Rose July 27th 2009, 1:57 am

Okaies I notice a couple of things just not working right with my forum -

ONE - signatures not attaching to messages and postings - configuration is set up correctly as I setup another forum on this network before and got it working just fine

TWO - this is minor but how do I change the drop down menu font color so that it is not black on black?

My forum link is http://merlottesbng.forumotion.net/index.htm

And am using the phpBB3 version and I honestly thought it was the ADMIN default user than i setup another user and the same problem with that test account.

Can someone plz help me? Thx in advance!
Bella Rose

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Signatures Not Attaching To Messages & Posts Empty Re: Signatures Not Attaching To Messages & Posts

Post by Master Marc July 27th 2009, 2:00 am

1st question:
Your Signature

Signature settings are to be changed in your profile settings as well (in the top navigation bar) - just switch to the "Signature" tab there. The signature space is limited to 500 characters, this cannot be increased. You can use bbCode and HTML as well in your sig, if it has been allowed by the administrators in the admin panel (General >> Forum >> Messages & Email >> Allow HTML / BBCode).

My Signature is not displayed, what should I do?

In general, there are two settings that could be the reason for your sig not to be displayed. The first one is in your admin panel, where you can allow or deny the use of signatures on a global level. Go to "Users & Groups / Users / User Options" and set "Allow Signatures" to YES.

The second option can be found in your personal profile settings. Go to "Profile >> Preferences" and enable the option "Always attach my signature". Your signature should now be attached to all posts you make, if you actually have content in it.

Note: On some forum versions, it's possible that you still won't see your signatures on posts you have already made, although you have activated all necessary options. There is no other way to change this than to edit those posts and mark the box "attach my signature to this post" and save.

2nd question:
You can use this generator to get the html code.

=> http://www.poqbum.com/menugenerator/index.php
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Signatures Not Attaching To Messages & Posts Empty Re: Signatures Not Attaching To Messages & Posts

Post by MrMega July 27th 2009, 2:05 am

Did you make your signature after the posts you made?

And

Admin Panel > Users & Groups > Users > User options > User settings > Allow signatures > Change settings & save
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Rose July 27th 2009, 2:07 am

all of what you said in the quote - I did

Am no virgin to settin up forums on here as I done it once before -

I did all of that was suggested - those were never the issues as I have all the "ALLOW SIGNATURE" options checked off as "YES" still no siggy

I use Mozilla Firefox yet on my other forum that is hosted on here I can see sigs - so why am I having issues with this new forum which I just created? Only thing that keeps coming to my mind is the versions as the first forum I setup on here which I had no issues with is phpBB 2 and this new one is a phpBB3 forum...
Bella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Rose July 27th 2009, 2:08 am

Dralimarx wrote:Did you make your signature after the posts you made?

And

Admin Panel > Users & Groups > Users > User options > User settings > Allow signatures > Change settings & save

Yes I know all bout the sig after you post - the sig won't show up on posts prior to the sig modifications but usually show up on posts after the sig modification -

Which I did a post after adding my sig and I am still not seeing a sig...
Bella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Rose July 27th 2009, 2:09 am

Here is the link to the post I made after adding a sig -
http://merlottesbng.forumotion.net/the-welcome-center-f67/bella-rose-s-introduction-t5.htm#5

Can anyone see any signature graphics there or any signature at all????

Or have I gone blind????
Bella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMega July 27th 2009, 2:11 am

No I don't see a sig unfortunately. Hmm
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc July 27th 2009, 2:14 am

@Bella Rose,
When your posting a message,look at the options below the message field and you'll see this option ~ Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)

=> Mark it and press the send button when your ready to post your message.
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 27th 2009, 2:16 am

Hi,

if there's link's in the signature, there's a possibility that they would be preventing the activation of the signature.
I recently had this problem myself Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Rose July 27th 2009, 2:16 am

GUYS AM DOIN EVERY THING THAT YOU SUGGESTED ALL THE OBVIOUS AS HELL WAYS AND THE SIGGY IS STILL NOT SHOWING!!!!

Pardon the caps
Bella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Rose July 27th 2009, 2:17 am

darren1 wrote:Hi,

if there's link's in the signature, there's a possibility that they would be preventing the activation of the signature.

There is no issue with the link as am hosting the images and sites myself...so is no issue there as I can use those same siggies on other forums with no problem - so wz the deal here????
Bella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Rose July 27th 2009, 2:17 am

am thinkin this is a tech support issue
Bella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 27th 2009, 2:23 am

Bella Rose wrote:
darren1 wrote:Hi,

There is no issue with the link as am hosting the images and sites myself...so is no issue there as I can use those same siggies on other forums with no problem - so wz the deal here????

Is there any links to ur forum in the signature?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Rose July 27th 2009, 2:25 am

nope - links to my graphics and general chat forum which am hosting on my server but on this forum - no there isn't any links to any Forum Motion forum within my siggy
Bella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Rose July 27th 2009, 2:26 am

can a moderator please move this to Tech Support as am thinking this is more of a Technical Support sorta issue - THANK YOU!

And thanx to all those who stepped in to help me troubleshoot this lil issue...but I don't think the obvious will work...I think this is more of a site related issue - thanx!
Bella Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 27th 2009, 2:27 am

mwii
Can we please have a copy of signature in use please??

EDIT:

There is no need to double post, and disobay our rules Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc July 27th 2009, 2:34 am

There is no need to worry...

I've tested something out [posting] by registering on your forum {please delete my account}.

It appears there's a glitch that when you attach the sig,it automatically un-marks itself...

@Bella Rose,
Please check your CSS for any codes that can cause this problem, Wink
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Rose July 27th 2009, 2:36 am

i am not a techie and the skin am using is one of the premade skins that comes with the forum, the only thing that I added to that skin is the logo and that wz it. I dunno anything bout CSS and all that

and sorry bout the double posting to the staffer who said i was disobeying the the rules
Bella Rose

Back to top Go down