The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can i make a message apear whenever i or other people HIDE something

5 posters

Go down

Solved How can i make a message apear whenever i or other people HIDE something

Post by The_18th_Letter August 12th 2009, 10:54 am

As Example:

I'm gonna hide this: < hidden text

How can i make a text appear telling people that "this is a hidden content you got to hit the thanks button or reply"
The_18th_Letter
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How can i make a message apear whenever i or other people HIDE something

Post by ankillien August 12th 2009, 11:45 am

Hello,

You have to post that text yourself. It can't add that text automatically.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How can i make a message apear whenever i or other people HIDE something

Post by The_18th_Letter August 12th 2009, 12:01 pm

bwi .....damn....
The_18th_Letter
Forumember

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 12th 2009, 5:02 pm

Hope you know about the code to hide the content atleast
Code:
[hide][/hide]
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 12th 2009, 7:48 pm

hey wait a min. foumotion dose not have hide tags yet.
i think yous are getting mixed up with paid forums. i have suggested this a wile back.
also there has to be a rep points system that would have to be put in place along with it. most forums that offer hide tags have the system to where for every post you make you gather rep or points. so if you have a 100 points and you want to make a hide post. then you can set it for a 100 points or less. anyone that dose not have a 100 points or how ever many the hide post is set to will not be able to view it until they have enough points.

if you had 500 then you can set it to 500 or less.

but forumotion dose not have hide tags or offer this yet. this is a feature that is only offered on paid forums and most of the time you have to install it.

i have seen the (hit thanks button or reply) version to view hidden content on forums too. but once again forumotion do not have hide tags at this time.

i wish they did. the points system way as i explained is great to get people to post more. and cuts back on the lurkers or people who steel post to re-post at other places.

if i am correct i believe that is a feature that is only on v-bulletin. i cant remember but i did have something like that on one of my paid forums. but it was a paid forum Sad

Code:
[hide]testing 123[/hide]

lol i guess a simple (fourmotion dose not have the hide feature yet) would have been better. but yous know me . i always like to explain as much as i can.
sorry... fufufu
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia August 13th 2009, 2:24 am

Huh... kirk, this tag is available for more than two years already and it doesn't need points system nor credits management to work.

I do a test on this post. Look with your account (with moderator rights), then log off and look at the same message as a guest.

Test :

(for other members who participated in this post : you see the hidden message because you already participated to this topic)
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 13th 2009, 3:22 am

Cornelia wrote:Huh... kirk, this tag is available for more than two years already and it doesn't need points system nor credits management to work.

I do a test on this post. Look with your account (with moderator rights), then log off and look at the same message as a guest.

Test :

(for other members who participated in this post : you see the hidden message because you already participated to this topic)

oh OK but this is not a true hide tag. the hide tags I'm talking about is when you hide it no one can see it other then staff unless they have the points/rep that you placed it at.
i mean that's only hiding it from guest.. i guess it's cool. but me i would just have the permissions set for members if i dont want guest to see anything.

but yeah i understand what yous are saying now.
So there a Lil different then the paid versions but at least we have one Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia August 13th 2009, 10:39 am

kirk wrote:
Cornelia wrote:Huh... kirk, this tag is available for more than two years already and it doesn't need points system nor credits management to work.

Test :

oh OK but this is not a true hide tag. the hide tags I'm talking about is when you hide it no one can see it other then staff unless they have the points/rep that you placed it at.
i mean that's only hiding it from guest.. i guess it's cool. but me i would just have the permissions set for members if i dont want guest to see anything.

but yeah i understand what yous are saying now.
So there a Lil different then the paid versions but at least we have one Smile

Then use a test account without staff rights, to see if the text is hidden from you with that account. Because I remember it used to work even for simple members who didn't participate to the topic.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 13th 2009, 4:05 pm

The_18th_Letter wrote:As Example:

I'm gonna hide this: < hidden text

How can i make a text appear telling people that "this is a hidden content you got to hit the thanks button or reply"

ankillien wrote:Hello,

You have to post that text yourself. It can't add that text automatically.

yes that is the only way to do it on a forumotion forum.

since the question was answered.
I will now mark the topic as solved and lock the thread
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down