The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are ways people could hack into my Forum?

+3
Tarogasini
Mehtevas
Theforum
7 posters

Go down

What are ways people could hack into my Forum? Empty What are ways people could hack into my Forum?

Post by Theforum August 19th 2009, 11:47 pm

Does anyone have a list of types of hacks because if there is a hack that you submit your smiley to the forum and then the smiley somehow had a kind of virus, I want to see a list of hacks. I am not going to hack.
Theforum
Theforum
Forumember

Male Posts : 151
Language : English

http://spiderman.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

What are ways people could hack into my Forum? Empty Re: What are ways people could hack into my Forum?

Post by Mehtevas August 19th 2009, 11:48 pm

This won't be allowed, by supply a list of Hacks, Scams, People will see them, and use them, and theres the chance you just want to know so you can use them.
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

What are ways people could hack into my Forum? Empty Re: What are ways people could hack into my Forum?

Post by Tarogasini August 19th 2009, 11:50 pm

I find your post confusing...

And i don't believe you about

I am not going to hack.

this part, so i am not telling you anything, sorry.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1351

Back to top Go down

Post by Theforum August 19th 2009, 11:51 pm

Ok, I will just use my head to stop hacks from my forum. Smile I am not going to hack, but you don't have to post the lists of hacks.
Theforum
Theforum
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfSports August 20th 2009, 12:05 am

What they try to do is trick you into making them admin. Then when you log out, they delete your users change everything.

They go by these usernames:
chewy
Clubpenguinrox!
Swimmin2
Magnum124
Magnum1230
disconett
Mytube
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini August 20th 2009, 12:20 am

Theforum wrote:Ok, I will just use my head to stop hacks from my forum.
Your head wont help, sorry. Social Engineering is one thing, skidding is another and hacking is top of both.

KingOfSports : nice that you are trying to help, but that doesn't fall under hacking lol. Perhaps social engineering stupid people, but it still doesn't fit as this criteria as well.
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LilJur August 20th 2009, 12:28 am

There are actually ways to DDoS or hack a forumotion forum ( DDoSing is easier, already done that Rolling Eyes huhohi
they shouldnt have bothering me with asking the password and IP of my VPS =_=)
But im not gona tell it, no matter what
LilJur
Forumember

Male Posts : 212
Language : xml, css, html, hex, english and dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok August 20th 2009, 1:43 am

KingOfSports wrote:They go by these usernames:
chewy
Clubpenguinrox!
Swimmin2
Magnum124
Magnum1230
disconett
Mytube

Those aren't hackers. If they wanted to hack, your computer and forum would already be pushed to the ground by now. Those people are what you call fake "Olivers" that roam around peoples' forums and ask to be an admin. Once they are an admin, they ruin everything you have in the forum. They already proposed on my forum and as well as Jalokim's.

TheForum, first of all, you do, don't let anybody that says "hey... I own a forum with over a billion members everyday" be an admin. They are just pitiful low-standards.
Second of all, in relevance to the 'first of all' statement, Jalokim had already precised that there can't be a user with over a billion members on their forum everyday only because there's approximate 6 billion people in the world anyway. Do you really think that over 90% of the world's population will be hanging around and about in a forum created by a spammer? I think Jalokim can explain a little bit better they way he puts it.
If they were a professional, Cold or sql hacker, they can probably take down a ForuMotion forum... but from what I hear, ForuMotion forums are pretty hard to take down. I don't think there's much of a real problem with any 'hacking', so don't strive yourself to think that your forum is in any danger - it's the forum life to receive threats and spam on your forum, and that's what makes the spice of thrillness in foruming.

Lil-J wrote:There are actually ways to DDoS or hack a forumotion forum ( DDoSing is easier, already done that
Wow, do you really think you should of said that? You can actually get thrown in prison if you brag/threat about hacking (it's a pretty serious issue.)
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc August 20th 2009, 3:11 am

Tarogasini wrote:Your head wont help, sorry. Social Engineering is one thing, skidding is another and hacking is top of both.
True... If your asking in a topic about this, then you'll never learn from scratch, fufufu

Your best shot is to pay for a tutor.

Tarogasini wrote:KingOfSports : nice that you are trying to help, but that doesn't fall under hacking lol. Perhaps social engineering stupid people, but it still doesn't fit as this criteria as well.
You beat me to that message,lol.

@Theforum,
There are many types of ways people can hack your forum.

Trust me, keep your forum utilities close, Wink . It's your best shot to keep your forum safe.
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Theforum August 20th 2009, 3:14 am

KingOfSports solved my problem! So now I have to watch out for these guys, MyTube and Disconett joined my forum! I made Disconett while I was logged in and I removed him while I was logged in, good thing that I removed him because he made me admin in his forum and I didn't like the admin panel in his forum so I told him to get a Forummotion forum but he never replied, I got mad at him so I removed him as an Admin, thank god! :wouhou:
Theforum
Theforum
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LilJur August 20th 2009, 3:46 am

[quote="Rok"]
Wow, do you really think you should of said that? You can actually get thrown in prison if you brag/threat about hacking (it's a pretty serious issue.)

I quited like 1 year ago, and that was actually the first and only time i hacked something... Okay... i hacked in a game, godmode and stuff, but thats differend right? xD
LilJur
Forumember

Male Posts : 212
Language : xml, css, html, hex, english and dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Theforum August 20th 2009, 3:48 am

Please do not hack again Lil-J!
Theforum
Theforum
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok August 20th 2009, 3:53 am

[quote="Lil-J"]
Rok wrote:

I quited like 1 year ago, and that was actually the first and only time i hacked something... Okay... i hacked in a game, godmode and stuff, but thats differend right? xD

Haha, you got mine and KOS's quotes mixed up a bit.
But (just being general), saying that you `hacked/are hacking/are going to hack` can get you in some pretty bad trouble either way. Just saying that you can hack can get you in some deep trouble, so that kind of information is pretty harsh to give out.
Considering that 'UnlimitedHackers' group, I'm surprised they haven't been taken down by their local police department.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarogasini August 20th 2009, 11:21 am

Rok wrote:
Considering that 'UnlimitedHackers' group, I'm surprised they haven't been taken down by their local police department.
I am not, in a free world you actually need evidence to put charges on anyone...
Tarogasini
Tarogasini
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc August 20th 2009, 3:29 pm

Lil-J wrote:I quited like 1 year ago, and that was actually the first and only time i hacked something... Okay... i hacked in a game, godmode and stuff, but thats differend right? xD
Guys, I don't think Lil-J is talking about the subject "hacking" everyone in this topic is talking about.I think he/she is talking about hacking a game. [ AKA, cheating in a game ]

And everyone, if you have your own server [use your computer as a server and create your own website], you can talk about hacking and give tips,ect to hack other people's website and more. The police will have nothing to do about it, Wink

There's just an age limit, huhohi
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down