Guide : Increase your traffic 5 5 6
Guide : Increase your traffic
Make sure, for novices, to read our guide on "How to start with your forum" first.
Here are the main sources of traffic for your forum:
Here are some steps not to be overlooked if you want to place your forum in a good position on search engines. First of all, register your forum on the main search engines : Google, Yahoo!, Bing…
► Indicate to search engines the main subject of your forum by completing the metatags.
• Insert at the beginning of the title of your forum and its description, keywords related to the main subject of it (eg if your forum talk about football, you have every reason to place this keyword in your title description if you want to put all chances on your side to appear prominently in search engines. Your forum title must be between 50 and 70 characters (including spaces) and your description between 100 and 250 characters (including spaces) .
• Do not forget to complete the keywords in your forum and variations (eg with football, it will be interesting to insert your keywords football, football league championship soccer team football, etc.
► Let search engines access your content !
• Indeed, search engines behave as a guest, if your guests do not have access to the contents of your forum, search engines also cannot access it. The consequences are very serious for your SEO, your pages will not appear in search engines, you will lose a big source of audience for your forum. We strongly advise you to let guests read your topics and messages.
► The contents of your forum (topics, messages) is of great importance for your listing, regular search engines will read your topics and messages. This action, done by a small program (robot or crawler), allows them to view your pages in their search results with keywords they have identified by reading the contents of your forum.
• To display your forum on the keywords you have chosen (eg football league), you should add, without exaggeration, your keywords in the title of your subjects or categories in your messages.
• For your forum to be considered high quality and interesting, create a maximum of content related to the main topic of the forum and keep it updated. Write articles, tutorials, support, news, debates and this will increase your chances of appearing prominently in search engines.
• Avoid / Prevent special characters (eg \ ==> V01TuR3 <==/), SMS language and spelling. These are obstacles to expanding your forum both for visitors who are annoyed by the errors and other languages SMS or Search engines that cannot index many pages on your forum because of special characters etc..
2- Banners/links exchanges
Voici les avantages que vous aurez si vous effectuez correctement les techniques suivantes :
• Links exchange : Top ranking in search engines
Increase audience from search engines hearing sites with which you performed the exchange.
• Banners exchange : Audience from sites with which you made the banner exchange.
► Create the greatest possible exchange links with sites that talk about similar topics of interest or the same type of users your forum. The more you do trade, more search engines will think your forum is important and you have a hearing.
The most important when doing a link exchange is the link text. It is imperative to place a keyword from your forum. If your forum talks about Ferrari cars, you will have to choose a keyword such as "Ferrari cars".
The more the links you make are relevant and consistent with the main subject of your forum, more search engines will think your forum is also relevant and will place it in top positions in search results.
Do not hesitate to place links to larger sites speaking of the subject of your forum (eg a link to the official FIFA forum for football), search engines like this kind of action.
Be careful not to exaggerate, if your forum is dedicated to the exchange of link and has virtually no content, it is likely that you get the opposite of what you are looking for.
► The exchange banners are much less interesting than link exchanges. Indeed, the banner exchange does not affect the referencing in the search engines. The only advantage is that you stand out a link and drain more easily the audience from the partner site to your forum.
3- Gather your friends, colleagues, family and in general all the people around you
► Use our tools to send to all your Facebook contacts, MSN, Gmail, etc., an invitation to visit or join your forum.
► You can also enter multiple emails and send them a personalized invitation.
► Encourage your members to do the same thing, they also have this feature and can invite their contacts to Facebook, MSN through their profile.
4 - We recommend you to initially choose the category of the directory which Forumotion closest to the main topic of your forum.
This step is to be done in the administration panel of your forum. This will allow your forum to be better referenced and attract visitors to your forum also.
Once this is complete, you must register on general and specialized directories. Example: Dmoz.org ...
You'll get more results by registering on specialized directories in the main subject of your forum. Indeed, users who go on this type of directory and then go to your board are more likely to become members than the user from a generalist directory.
Avoid registering on directories that ask you in return to place a banner or link on your forum. You get few results. In reality, it's the directory that you reference by placing banner or link.
5- Some final advices to put into practice to avoid making common referencing mistakes
► Avoid Automatic Referrals: That you reference them by placing their links or banners.
► Also avoid directories that require you to place their banner or link you have very little benefit. Again, it's them that you reference.
►Do not add music or graphic effects on your forum, it will scare away your visitors. If they want to listen to music, they most certainly have what they need on their computers. As graphic effects, they don't impress nobody, but makes reading your forum unbearable.
► Do not use free domain names providers such as ". Fr.tk,. Sc.cz, or. Tart etc.. ». . You will be frowned away by search engines, and lose positions on them.
► Place your content (as subjects, messages, etc..) Keywords related to the main topic of your forum. Be careful not to exaggerate, you risk being penalized by search engines.
6- A few last tips
► Ask your members, moderators to help you in promoting your forum.
► If you are registered on social networks, feel free to talk about your forum on these services, create groups, FANS page. This inevitably drain visitors to your forum.
Last edited by Typlo on October 27th 2009, 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Language: French, English
Join date: 2007-09-04
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum