The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New update informations + Top-Featured forum reminder

+54
cristv
netsniper
Aggie
Kabbalien
blogger
Kalliopi
sivastar
~Julian~
SHSID
thames 300e
Rogo
Jophy
Codyy
MrMario
Laughing Assassin
TheListener
==:Perlagotchi.com:==
jediwarrior
Dark Takua
Nok
qwertyuiop
Eduardo
Milunice259
goodtimes
Gill
tsipil7forum
dotDavid
Linky
Beno
Master Marc
Rok
Walshy95
Conknet
Ape
ClaraZ25
nokia
RikaComet
Jalokim
Lucky.
SLGray
WhitePoint
Trilinx
Veljko
Blood1
MrMega
Doctor Inferno
Sanket
Judge Vincent Valentine
~PSYDEX~
Blofeld
Rottie Mad
Darren1
Goku93
Shadow
58 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New update informations + Top-Featured forum reminder - Page 4 Empty New update informations + Top-Featured forum reminder

Post by Shadow August 27th 2009, 5:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

New update informations + Top-featured forum reminder

Dear users,

Forumotion has the pleasure to announce you that all beta-tests for our new update are finished.

The update is now imminent! It has been thought to increase your forums traffic, by using innovating technologies.
The aim is to bring you the max of visitors!

We are proud to reveal some minors functionalities that will be added :

• A new category in your admin panel called "Forum promotion" where you will be able to invite your friends from webmails, social networks or even a direct invit from a form.

• You can now choose your homepage : forum index, portal, or a HTML page

• Auto-subscribe to a group : a member will now be able to join automatically a group, regarding the post limit fixed by the admin.

• Topic description display : the possibility to add a description for a topic

• Possibility to add directly your own Google Analytics code in the admin panel, without going through the templates.

• ...etc.

For more details and the major functionalities, check out your forum very soon, when the update is officially launched Wink

Best,
Typlo

loove

-----------------
As I've been sicked for more than a week now, I didn't have time to treat the top-featured forums last week, so here's the announcement again for people interested Smile

We are also starting a new weekly operation : Feature your forum on the support forum.

Your forum will be feature in 2 different ways :
- A 88x31 button or link in our "Partners" widget.
- A 728x90 banner, link and forum description in our weekly announcement (that will be displayed also on our main site, and in all admin panels).

Your forum will therefore have full visibility during one week !

Just contact me by PM so I can explain you all modalities Wink

Best,
Forumotion Team

Last edited by Typlo on September 28th 2009, 2:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

New update informations + Top-Featured forum reminder - Page 4 Empty Re: New update informations + Top-Featured forum reminder

Post by MrMario October 2nd 2009, 4:51 pm

I don't have any ETA. Only the company knows.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

New update informations + Top-Featured forum reminder - Page 4 Empty Re: New update informations + Top-Featured forum reminder

Post by Rogo October 4th 2009, 6:52 am

Maybe we will get this next week.
Rogo
Forumember

Language : English

http://thebalm.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by thames 300e October 4th 2009, 9:44 am

my site seems to be running fine now (thank god)
the only problem i can see is we have lost a load of avatars and i can live with that

graham
thames 300e
thames 300e
Forumember

Male Posts : 239
Language : England

http://ford100e.forumakers.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by SHSID October 4th 2009, 9:56 am

Auto-subscribe to a group : a member will now be able to join automatically a group, regarding the post limit fixed by the admin.
hmm...i dont see that in admin panel
SHSID

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid October 4th 2009, 10:04 am

These updates are being slowly phased out. The update hasn't been officially launched.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Julian~ October 6th 2009, 6:38 pm

When the update will start on forumotion?
~Julian~
~Julian~
Forumember

Male Posts : 172

http://neverever.forumieren.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Walshy95 October 6th 2009, 10:08 pm

Been a long time now...
Walshy95
Walshy95
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1308

Back to top Go down

Post by Blofeld October 6th 2009, 10:13 pm

Appose to be sometime this week.
Blofeld
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1088
Language : ............

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 7th 2009, 12:22 am

The update will be released "Next week" according to Typlo, on Sunday night ! Wink

Please be patient, as there have been bugs encounter since they originally intended to release it.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by sivastar October 7th 2009, 12:59 am

Now my forum running very well! Thanks for the wonderful updates! salut
sivastar
sivastar
Forumember

Male Posts : 152
Language : Tamil

http://www.eegarai.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Blofeld October 7th 2009, 6:15 pm

darren1 wrote:The update will be released "Next week" according to Typlo, on Sunday night ! Wink

Please be patient, as there have been bugs encounter since they originally intended to release it.
Yeah Sunday night was Last week Wink When you say "Next week " on a Sunday it usually means Monday , tues etc If that makes sense? Confused
Blofeld
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi October 7th 2009, 7:14 pm

Yeah Sunday night was Last week When you say "Next week " on a Sunday it usually means Monday , tues etc If that makes sense?
Not to me as I think as Sunday of the first day the week, although according to Wiki us Brits don't although the USA does.

Sunday
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Blofeld October 7th 2009, 7:29 pm

Sunday is the last day of the week Confused As I see it.
Blofeld
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 8th 2009, 12:36 am

Guys, the update has been delayed to un unknown date Wink

It's because of this server cofuffel; please be patient, you will still be receiving it sometime this month Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Blofeld October 8th 2009, 3:51 am

darren1 wrote:Guys, the update has been delayed to un unknown date Wink

Dammit New update informations + Top-Featured forum reminder - Page 4 Redface Sad
Blofeld
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Veljko October 10th 2009, 1:25 pm

When will updates come?
Veljko
Veljko
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1270
Language : Serbian, English, CSS, HTML, a bit of latin and german...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 10th 2009, 2:58 pm

Veljko wrote:When will updates come?
No one will know when the updates will come only Typlo and the tech's
As you may know we have all been getting big problems with our servers so that is why the updates have not been Realest yet Im sure whan we know that all the bugs have been fixed on the new servers and all the forums are back up and running right then they will offer us the updates on our forums so Til them we have to just site and Hope that we get them soon...... Wink Neutral
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy October 10th 2009, 3:58 pm

Thanks typlo, i hope its now Smile , i'll wait.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by blogger October 10th 2009, 4:12 pm

Oh i cant wait! My forum has had an attitude lately. I refresh the page and it goes to this loading page with tons of symbols and stuff and won't quit loading. I also keep getting this pop-up asking if I want to open or save a file from the forum; I click cancel every time and it comes back.
blogger
Forumember

Female Posts : 366
Language : English, webkinz, beepish, baby talk, and tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Kabbalien October 11th 2009, 7:01 pm

Oh... Gods of the Imaginary Imagination on this forum ... Please !
Since this forum updates are eminent,
1 - my forum is too slow.
2 - I open groups and I can not ad members (bug)

I been read this new updates information topic since August and we are now in October !

Back to school ?
This way, I will be old and the updates will not be ready.

Sorry about the Irony, I know is not a easy job for you guys but I start to be a bit sic of all the sing and dance around this updates topic and I don't see nothing good coming up.

All the best.
Kabbalien
Kabbalien
Forumember

Male Posts : 179
Language : English / Portugues / Brazilian / Spanish

http://trancemoon.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggie October 11th 2009, 7:06 pm

I think you don't understand it. Because the updates comes later! Forumotion had server problems and they're fixed now.

So read the topic again + the other topics about the server and maintance and you will understand it.
Aggie
Aggie
Forumember

Female Posts : 185
Language : Dutch

http://www.aquariumwereld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper October 11th 2009, 7:49 pm

I am still having problems when my forum loads it looks like this?

New update informations + Top-Featured forum reminder - Page 4 Capture

As you can see there are some buttons missing? does anyone have any updates? I have looked above and that from MrMario is dated 3rd October?
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1040

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper October 11th 2009, 7:56 pm

Can someone delete my post above I put it in the wrong pace sorry Embarassed
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 12th 2009, 12:11 am

The release of this update is directly dependent on Server Stability!

Kabbalien The update was originally delayed because they encounter a bug the day before release, then they wanted to add in some new servers of their own, which would guarantee 99.9% uptme, and the updates would take less time to push out, hence being better to wait the 3 days for the new servers to be put into place.

Well, the servers didn't go to plan and thus the update has been delayed until the servers are stable enough to put an update on it, and push them out!

Please be patient, it was imminent when it was posted, but now were just waiting on the servers to become 'stable'
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper October 12th 2009, 12:28 am

darren1 wrote:The release of this update is directly dependent on Server Stability!

Kabbalien The update was originally delayed because they encounter a bug the day before release, then they wanted to add in some new servers of their own, which would guarantee 99.9% uptme, and the updates would take less time to push out, hence being better to wait the 3 days for the new servers to be put into place.

Well, the servers didn't go to plan and thus the update has been delayed until the servers are stable enough to put an update on it, and push them out!

Please be patient, it was imminent when it was posted, but now were just waiting on the servers to become 'stable'

Hi Daren I hear what you say here but as I understand it then from what you are saying we are still on the old server ? if that's the case then why are we getting all the problems we are now having ? which we didn't get until they decided to move from 1 server to another? forgive me if I have misunderstood what you have said? but to be honest I am so confused about what exactly is going on here? when I read stuff like this below
Dear users,

Forumotion has the pleasure to announce you that all beta-tests for our new update are finished.

The update is now imminent! It has been thought to increase your forums traffic, by using innovating technologies.
The aim is to bring you the max of visitors!

And then we all get loads of different problems? it makes me wonder where we all are with this? I know Typlo has been very good with passing on what he can but it doesn't really all tie up with whats happening and what we are being told by either staff or members like you who are trying to help Smile so if anyone does know exactly what is happening please let us all know .

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 12th 2009, 12:38 am

Sniper, don't worry, I can understand why your getting so confused Wink

We're on the new servers, which take a little bit of work to get stable, which is why were having so many problems Wink

Don't get me wrong, it was imminent when it was posted, but the day before they released it they encounted a bug (which was good in a way if you ask me) and then it was to close to the new server release when the bug was corrected, so they decided to wait a few days for the servers to be fully ready for the update.

The good news is, the faster the servers become stable, the sooner we'll get this update.

The only person who knows exactly whats going on is.......No body.
The forumotion & IBM Technician's will be working together to get these new servers bug-free ASAP, but really no one knows what's going on, until they've fixed it (what a coincidence lol).

But Typlo does give us updates on what's going on, which is very nice of him! Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper October 12th 2009, 12:43 am

Cheers Darren Very good
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cristv October 12th 2009, 6:35 pm

si there a post where a detailed list of the updates are?, this has already 4 pages and I'm (I assume that most of us are) to lazy to look for them, Im interested specially in assigning a specific group to new users, I know about adding to a group after XXX # of post, but I haven't seen about new registrants, so, anyone know about this?

thx
cristv
cristv

Male Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 13th 2009, 1:35 am

cristv wrote:si there a post where a detailed list of the updates are?, this has already 4 pages and I'm (I assume that most of us are) to lazy to look for them, Im interested specially in assigning a specific group to new users, I know about adding to a group after XXX # of post, but I haven't seen about new registrants, so, anyone know about this?

thx
Hi Cristv Sorry to say but as you may havr read the new updates was ready to go then we went over to new servers.

Right now they are thinking of going back to our old servers and then The tech guys will have to fix a lot of problems we have all been getting and then typlo may then give us the updates we have all been wanting but til the server problem has been fixed and we have a site that runs well there is no point in giving the updates to us as this will only give the site more problems

So i think the best thing to do is hold on and Hope that the servers get fixed fast and then we can have some of the updates we have all wanted

Im sure typlo will update us all soon on what is going on

~APE~
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19122
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman and Kou October 13th 2009, 1:49 am

I can tell this will be an awesome update. And it'll give me more to do with my forums. Thanks Typlo and the rest of forumotion staff for doing what you guys do best! Making the best forum hosting site on the internet ^^
Eman and Kou
Eman and Kou
Forumember

Male Posts : 367

http://www.narutosaga.com

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next