The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being logged out on refresh and while posting

3 posters

Go down

Being logged out on refresh and while posting Empty Being logged out on refresh and while posting

Post by jamski September 1st 2009, 11:51 am

2 of my users have said they are being logged out if they refresh a page, or if they post and get the message that someone else has posted. If they click save it logs them out and they have to re-type the post! See message below form a user.

Yes it happens when you refresh the page
and also when you are writing a post, and someone else posts while you are writing yours (if that makes sense) and you get the save/modify option. You click save and you have to log in and re re-write your message

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James.
jamski
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Being logged out on refresh and while posting Empty Re: Being logged out on refresh and while posting

Post by Sanket September 1st 2009, 12:36 pm

What browser do they use? Ask them to use firefox.
Ask them to check the log me in automaticall box when they sign in.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Being logged out on refresh and while posting Empty Re: Being logged out on refresh and while posting

Post by jamski September 1st 2009, 12:41 pm

Not sure about the browser, but people have their own personal preference for this, I wouldn't use a site if I could only use 1 browser!!

And have checked the auto log-in so it's not that.
jamski
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 1st 2009, 12:50 pm

Well, to be honest. Since, its happening for only 2 users its definitely a problem on their end.
I can't figure out the problem or try to help without much information.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by jamski September 1st 2009, 12:53 pm

I just read it could be a cookie or allowed sites thing? Having to add out custom url and the forumotion one may help so I've suggested this! Will let you know if it helps! Very Happy
jamski
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by crystal786 September 1st 2009, 5:16 pm

Tell them to check that cookies are enabled and that they are not deleting cookies and cache in the middle of a post sending operation.
crystal786
crystal786
Forumember

Female Posts : 924

http://www.thesocialgalaxy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamski September 1st 2009, 6:24 pm

It's not cookies, it's what I thought. Some people seem to have to add the suston url and the forumotion one to their allowed sites in whatever browser they're using.
jamski
Forumember

Back to top Go down