The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell?

+21
TasV
Yao
azredliner
ROYAL
faith and devotion
SophieDophs
jenson09
efbe
Rhianna
~PSYDEX~
Blofeld
matt_m
shamzblueworld
Shadow
Tashnz
JVCA
DONK
kjmj14
Darren1
dotDavid
emikati
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell? Empty forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell?

Post by emikati September 9th 2009, 9:40 am

From a 2 year i have a forum in forumotion. The Ads of forumotion google only show to guests bcuz i allowed it from admin panel, now after 2 years. its showing to members aswell .. however i hvnt changed any option from admin panel..wats this .now y its showing to members as well.?? huh Sad

y this option is not working a minutes before? Admin panel >> General >> Ads control > Set it so"Text ads activation (underlined) " = Guests

Last edited by emikati on September 9th 2009, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Male Posts : 393
Language : English, HTML

Back to top Go down

forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell? Empty Re: forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell?

Post by dotDavid September 9th 2009, 9:48 am

They have removed the no ads for members in the ACP so you will have to buy for removal.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404
Language : English

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell? Empty Re: forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell?

Post by emikati September 9th 2009, 9:49 am

removed for all forumotion forums ?
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid September 9th 2009, 9:51 am

Well, do you think they are targeting you? Of course its for all forumotions that do not pay to remove ads.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 9th 2009, 9:57 am

A bit too sarcastic there David?

Emi, when you go to Admin panel >> General >> Ads control > Set it so"Text ads activation (underlined) " = Guests
That should reconfigure it so that adds are only for guests Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by emikati September 9th 2009, 9:57 am

but its soo wrong ....
when forumotion advertise somewhere , they say no ADS see at www.phpbb.com
ScreenShot
forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell? 45655510
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 September 9th 2009, 10:03 am

OMG! cyclops

His right but why is it there's still ads coming up in our forum...? Hem
kjmj14
Forumember

Male Posts : 795

http://kjmj14.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emikati September 9th 2009, 10:06 am

i think typlo should give this option back to us. to display ads only to guests without paying.
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 9th 2009, 10:06 am

forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell? 78754 Aah crud!

Thanks for informing me that that doesn't work anything emi Smile

I honestly don't know for sure what's going on >.>

Maybe the techs had to remove it, as times are gettin' hard these days, especually with money.

Even my pocket has been hurt, yet they can afford to hire a new staff member...weird times
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by DONK September 9th 2009, 10:06 am

I'M COMPLETELY DISGUSTED

That was one of my reason for choosing Forumotion for Forum hosting.....no adverts.
DONK
DONK
Forumember

Male Posts : 48

http://www.gtdrivers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JVCA September 9th 2009, 10:13 am

@GT Drivers: Amen to that. This may be the straw that breaks the horse's back (so to speak) for our near-700 member forum - already we're discussing moving hosts.

I've said this in another thread on this topic - but what bugs me more than the change is that they have done it so underhandedly - if you're going to make a change like this that involves money and universally effects all users, you should make an announcement telling them so. Not to do so is just sneaky and bad customer service - I know at this stage (until someone gives us an explanation), I'll be refusing to pay just on principle because of this underhandedness.

Of course, the only person I've heard to confirm the whole pay-for-no-ads thing is dotDavid (an ordinary member, not an admin), and I haven't actually seen any admin proof, so it could just be a glitch and one user causing a wave of chinese whispers, so to speak...

dotDavid, links to proof that ad removal must be paid for, please?

Last edited by JVCA on September 9th 2009, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
JVCA

Female Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by emikati September 9th 2009, 10:14 am

darren1 wrote:forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell? 78754 Aah crud!

Thanks for informing me that that doesn't work anything emi Smile

I honestly don't know for sure what's going on >.>

Maybe the techs had to remove it, as times are gettin' hard these days, especually with money.

Even my pocket has been hurt, yet they can afford to hire a new staff member...weird times

o come on darren they are not poors as much as u saying.. there are thousands of forums running on forumotion that has great trafic.they earns alot
even by guests clicking. i think they should give this option back to us.. we are really so disappointed right now by forumotion
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 September 9th 2009, 10:17 am

Please wait, as Typlo said to me that he is currently on into this problem. He said so himself via PM to me. So no need to worry in a matter of hours the ads will be once again in their proper orders. So all you need to do is to wait patiently until Typlo resolve this problem. Wink

Regards,
kjmj14
kjmj14
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by emikati September 9th 2009, 10:19 am

kjmj14 wrote:Please wait, as Typlo said to me that he is currently on into this problem. He said so himself via PM to me. So no need to worry in a matter of hours the ads will be once again in their proper orders. So all you need to do is to wait patiently until Typlo resolve this problem. Wink

Regards,
kjmj14

can u plz send the exact pm u did to him ..and wat he replied .. just copy paste all and send it here.. we want to see... thanks alot
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by JVCA September 9th 2009, 10:20 am

I had THOUGHT it was a glitch. It seems strange for there not to be an announcement for something like this.

@dotDavid: Spreading an assumption and passing it off as fact is NEVER a good idea. You have caused a lot of unnecessary panic. :/
JVCA

Female Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Tashnz September 9th 2009, 10:20 am

SO i can tell my members they will be gone again soon? I dont want to have to pay or make them pay to have the ads removed Sad Thanks!
Tashnz

Female Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 September 9th 2009, 10:25 am

I said to Typlo:

Another thing, why there's an ads in my forum. I set it to "no" in text ads but still appearing. Why is that please help. Thanks in advance...

Then he reply to me:

Typlo wrote:I'll check out for your banners problem Wink

So as I read his reply I got all calm up... Wink
kjmj14
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by emikati September 9th 2009, 10:27 am

i hope he should configure it.. not to look around on his pocket Very Happy
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 September 9th 2009, 10:29 am

I hope so too...

But then again lets all just wait what will happen next... Wink

Regards,
kjmj14
kjmj14
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow September 9th 2009, 10:43 am

emikati wrote:but its soo wrong ....
when forumotion advertise somewhere , they say no ADS see at www.phpbb.com
ScreenShot
forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell? 45655510

This is an old ad, thanks for pointing it out we'll make the modifications.

We made a promotional offer for a long time regarding, but we can't afford to offer forever, explaining why your members can now see ads.
For information, the English forum were among the rare languages where this offer was still effective.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid September 9th 2009, 10:44 am

JVCA wrote:I had THOUGHT it was a glitch. It seems strange for there not to be an announcement for something like this.

@dotDavid: Spreading an assumption and passing it off as fact is NEVER a good idea. You have caused a lot of unnecessary panic. :/

I believe that should have been a private comment, and now I am totally offended.

What was that assumption, may I ask? I have spoken from primary facts. The radio buttons have been removed from the admin panel, and there is a section in the ACP for ad removal via credits.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tashnz September 9th 2009, 10:51 am

SO we are actually stuck with these ads? With no warning?
Tashnz

Back to top Go down

Post by shamzblueworld September 9th 2009, 10:51 am

so now what? are those ads here to stay unless we pay? why didnt you announce that in here in the first place?
shamzblueworld
shamzblueworld
Forumember

Male Posts : 568
Language : English,urdu,hindi,arabic, basic html, css... will learn xml,javascript and jscript

http://www.funstopforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid September 9th 2009, 10:52 am

I think we need to be patient and wait for an announcement by Typlo.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Tashnz September 9th 2009, 10:53 am

There is no way any of my members will pay to have them removed!!!! Neither will i!
DIdnt he just say that they cant offer the promotion forever? Meaning we now have ads?
Tashnz

Back to top Go down

Post by DONK September 9th 2009, 10:55 am

Typlo wrote:

We made a promotional offer for a long time regarding, but we can't afford to offer forever, explaining why your members can now see ads.
For information, the English forum were among the rare languages where this offer was still effective.

So basically you suckered alot of us in with the so called "promotional offer" héhé got alot of newly registered forums and then moved the goal posts.

Cheers.
DONK
DONK
Forumember

Male Posts : 48

http://www.gtdrivers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_m September 9th 2009, 10:57 am

Why wasn't this announced????

Introducing ads to all members with no pre-warning? Seems a little unprofessional to me.

PLEASE tell us that the text links will remain with the option of guests only. I'm afraid if the text links were imposed i'd have to move hosts. Shame as I have built up a nice forum on forumotion Sad
matt_m
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by emikati September 9th 2009, 10:58 am

Typlo wrote:

i have no problem with ur advertisements

but y this option is not working a minutes before? Admin panel >> General >> Ads control > Set it so"Text ads activation (underlined) " = Guests

that ads display only for guests..now its showing members as well ..
emikati
emikati
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by matt_m September 9th 2009, 10:59 am

GT Drivers wrote:
Typlo wrote:

So basically you suckered alot of us in with the so called "promotional offer" forumotion google ads are showing to members aswell? 66991 got alot of newly registered forums and then moved the goal posts.

Cheers.

I agree. It seems like we have been tricked. It's not even as though forumotion runs smoothly - it has its issues. I.e. there is no search function because it is practically useless, and there are numerous problems in Opera browser...

So you are making money off of our forums that we have worked hard to setup and build a memberbase for (you may own the hosting but we have done the work!) and for software that is not reliable???
matt_m
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid September 9th 2009, 11:01 am

matt_m, You are actually assuming that. You have no proof that this was intentional, now do you?. It could be a glitch, but calling FM unprofessional is another thing.
I think we need to be patient and wait for an announcement by Typlo.

Also, you do realize that if FM is making money off it, they still have to pay to run everything. Otherwise, whos going to fix all the glitches (technicians need to be paid), whos going to provide free image hosting etc.?
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next