The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED

+33
Beno
Lesliehockey
tryer
Pie
pcuser
Rockerfrick
shady4eva
etc123
fatguy
Summer Law
katanga
T.O./JCMG/
the only gay eskimo
pikmin
chimchim930
Nazar
Shikadi
Noob
jshushij
dotDavid
kjmj14
Sanket
Rehua
Winkley
Rabu
Tarogasini
MrMega
Jalokim
Doctor Inferno
Blofeld
KoolK
Master Marc
Darren1
37 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Empty Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED

Post by Darren1 September 23rd 2009, 4:39 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome all to the third and final round of voting.

The top
four forums from the last round were taken and advanced to the next
round, and others were dropped. All previous votes have no worth in
this round, everyone must vote again for their favorite forum.

A reminder of the last rounds scores:

Spoiler:

You can vote for these forums

Geek police
http://www.geekpolice.net/

FujiPlanet
http://fujiplanet.net

You are voting for the best overall ( that's graphics, activity & layout! )

Now lemme annoy drag to get the prizes Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Icon_mrgreen

This is the last round of voting, and will last a mere 7 days! Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Icon_wink

Questions and answers for this round

Jalokim's forum "Tealeaf graphics" aka TLG has been removed from the competition, as jalokim's has said it's not in the greatest shape at the present moment, understandably removed.

Tealeaf graphics IS in the running for the crown, they were not removed; I was a bit too hasty in my judgment.

Yes, it is a 1vs1 - Fuji Planet vs Geek police.

This ends on Wednesday the the 30th at aprox 12.40 PM GST 10+ Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Icon_wink

The competition is finished, winner is announced on saturday Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Icon_wink

No more votes accepted!!

Last edited by darren1 on October 1st 2009, 6:13 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Sunday 27th.)
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Empty Re: Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED

Post by Winkley September 27th 2009, 4:09 pm

Sorry, Darren.
Winkley
Forumember

Language : Afrikaans and English, and a bit of Dutch

Back to top Go down

Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Empty Re: Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED

Post by Rehua September 27th 2009, 4:09 pm

dotDavid wrote:
What about this, the Geek Police users may not vote anymore.
That just doesn't make any sense. :/

It actually does. I want Fuji to win. lol!
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Male Posts : 669
Language : Dutch, English, German, French

http://vocatrem.findtalk.biz/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid September 27th 2009, 4:16 pm

No.... you said that GP users are not allowed to vote anymore. That is what those words stringed together meant, not, "I want FP to win" etc...

Anyway, now its a matter of which forum can get their users to come here and vote, more of a popularity contest, rather than which one has those mentioned qualities.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno September 27th 2009, 4:33 pm

Somehow this contest doesn't feel as fun as last time when Kilsek was around. There's no challenge to this. bwi
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMega September 27th 2009, 4:48 pm

Aha, I see Doc make a comeback to this, huh?
*puts on Jean Michelle Jarre music*
Dun. dan. dun da da dada dun dun da. dun duda dun dun dun du run dum dun bom bom bom bom bomboommmm.

There aren't many active members at your forum, Doc. You'd better find some...Smile
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Male Posts : 981
Language : English, Polish, HTML, BBCode

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno September 27th 2009, 4:57 pm

MrMega wrote:Aha, I see Doc make a comeback to this, huh?
*puts on Jean Michelle Jarre music*
Dun. dan. dun da da dada dun dun da. dun duda dun dun dun du run dum dun bom bom bom bom bomboommmm.

There aren't many active members at your forum, Doc. You'd better find some...Smile

That was not what I meant. In the past there were more forums and more "real" people voting. Now... We call our members to vote for us?

I actually have quite a number of active members, over 2000 of them visit the forum weekly. And over 150 join daily, I can easily ask 50 of them to come here and vote to win, but there's no kick.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno September 27th 2009, 5:02 pm

Wow, this competition has been going on for ages, maybe next time i think it should run for less time.
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar September 27th 2009, 5:31 pm

Everything was funner when kilsek was around

and contest is getting annoying, FP has like 7 users with more than 100 posts

I think I should just let GP win since Doc wants it so bad
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMega September 27th 2009, 5:48 pm

Well, there really is no prize, we should just call it truce and let forums become friends xP

Contest is going nowhere.
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by chimchim930 September 27th 2009, 7:45 pm

yea i think that votes should count only if the person has more than 100 posts otherwise its just a competition of who has more members at their forum..
chimchim930
chimchim930
Forumember

Male Posts : 125
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by katanga September 27th 2009, 9:21 pm

Nazar wrote:Everything was funner when kilsek was around

Yeah, it was.

And I kinda agree with chim, that would be more fair.

all members spam the support forum until you have 100 posts!
just kidding lol!

Spoiler:
katanga
katanga
Forumember

Language : English, Farsi, and some French
Location : Somewhere between somewhere and somewhere. A hint: it's close to somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc September 27th 2009, 10:30 pm

Wait a sec...

This contest would be started over again???

=> TT

Spoiler:
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 28th 2009, 1:17 am

Doctor Inferno wrote:Somehow this contest doesn't feel as fun as last time when Kilsek was around. There's no challenge to this. Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 45347

Agreed, I come no where near his benchmark when it comes to this Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 465297
I'm still a noob in this area Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Icon_razz

I'll make sure to make it better the next time I do it......if I do it.

Beno wrote:Wow, this competition has been going on for ages, maybe next time i think it should run for less time.

Indeed, there was actually a clapse of judgement between me and drag in the 2nd round so, im just cutting it short now

Master Marc wrote:Wait a sec...

This contest would be started over again???

=> Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 465297

Spoiler:

Never Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Icon_mrgreen
I'm just ending this and next year if I host it again, it'll be better, more on schedule and more fun ... maybe even officially announced??
( Not likely but heck we can try )
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIf September 28th 2009, 1:28 am

Hmm, maybe we should get kil in here...
Right rok?

Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Columbo2
WhatIf
WhatIf
Forumember

Language : Morse Code

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 28th 2009, 1:35 am

Kilsek can't came back; he isn't welcome back Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 465297
He's made an attempt, but he got banned & deleted with his many different account's Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 465297

It's called the Kilsek Rule Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Icon10

Call's upon Mr.Caihlem to bash me now for bringing up the past Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Icon_tongue
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIf September 28th 2009, 1:42 am

Oh rlly?
Well alright then Sad
Nice avie...

Oh damn it i have nothing productive or on topic to say.
Ban me now ;l
WhatIf
WhatIf
Forumember

Language : Morse Code

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 28th 2009, 9:04 am

Anyone else 2 days left Dawa
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno September 28th 2009, 12:13 pm

Nazar wrote:I think I should just let GP win since Doc wants it so bad

If I wanted it so bad, I'd have called my members here to vote. But I haven't.
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMega September 28th 2009, 2:11 pm

This is going to start a flame war sooner than I imagined

darren/dragonfir have you sorted out your votes and our votes to prevent turning this contest into a war
MrMega
MrMega
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno September 28th 2009, 3:53 pm

This won't turn into a war. If I may seem to sound offended in my previous reply... I'm not. Smile
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar September 28th 2009, 9:45 pm

I really don't give a damn about this contest, I just joined for fun
Then one of the guys from FP saw the contest and told the others to vote and walah!
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehua September 28th 2009, 10:14 pm

Nazar wrote:I really don't give a damn about this contest, I just joined for fun
Then one of the guys from FP saw the contest and told the others to vote and walah!

Lol, it's voila, Nazar.

But, whatever. I guess you mean me... Me, or MM.
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 29th 2009, 3:57 am

Guys, the contest will end tomorrow, no need to end it early.
Indeed both myself and drag both know who were voting for, and i'm not reviling it just yet.

I assure u it wont be a flame war, until Kilsek gets back Mr. Green
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 30th 2009, 1:52 am

fufufu

Less than 6 hours left to vote

fufufu
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingbb September 30th 2009, 4:50 am

Fujipllanet for the win.
Kingbb

Back to top Go down

Post by dotDavid September 30th 2009, 8:52 am

Lets see, your from FP...

Well, if that time is right (mentioned in the first post), it should have closed, but according to Darren's previous post, the competition should end in about 1 hour.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 September 30th 2009, 9:01 am

I was being kind and leaving it open Twisted Evil

Now, Doc & Nazar, the nest of FM awards are being made by Jalokim, and he's a bit umm?

Unknown lately Best of forumotion - Round 3 final round! Finished CLOSED - Page 3 Redface

SO, I'm going to get an alternative to do the banner awards for you guys, seeing as I cannot confirm that Jalo has done them, and drag is saying he hasn't done them yet either.

It should be ready in the next few days, hopefully in time for the weekend Smile and when I will announce the obvious lol.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dry Gum1 October 1st 2009, 4:45 am

Well, I left fuji a while back. Was an admin. Moved on from forums...you know how it goes. I was just looking up to see where FP was on google...

This doesn't seem like a real poll, but I can't complain.

I'll give you 5 good reasons that Fuji isn't an ordinary forum

1. There are so many great users there. These people were so nice and funny. They are what made it so hard for me to leave, so I had to make the admins IP ban me otherwise I'd have to see them again. This is the best part.

2. It has an expanding arcade full of hundreds of flash games and great level editor games that are directly on the site. No pressing links to other sites to play the games, they are right there in the topics. Thanks to a nice trick I found a while ago, the Arcade Managers can put almost any game they want in the forums, (even games that don't necessarily have a "Add to you site" code.). It's also fun to share your levels that you made with other people.

3. The theme is great. It feels so tropical and fun when you're there. And it flows perfectly well once you get used to it. It makes everything more exciting.

4. There is a review section where you can get anything that you buy reviewed, such as a movie or a music album. You can get the opinions from the Reviewing team or other users. You can also write your own reviews.

5. There are many contests and you can make your own contest with a prize of your fuji bucks. You can also make competitions where you challenge another person to anything, whether it be playing the guitar, debating, or anything else.

Downsides
I'm not going to lie, there are some improvements to be made (at least when I had left). But they were only minor issues and may have already been fixed.

1. There should be a few more expensive items to buy at the Fujishop, where you spend your Fuji Bucks™️.
2. Some of the staff should be replaced.
3. There should be daily activities.

Thanks for reading, and don't un-IP-ban me Fuji Planet staff. My life is going so much better without being addicted to FP.
Dry Gum1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rehua October 4th 2009, 10:13 am

Well said, DG.

I'm going to make a topic about it on Fuji.
Rehua
Rehua
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa October 5th 2009, 3:23 pm

Since this contest is complete, I will lock this topic now.

=> Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3