The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

abuse of forum

3 posters

Go down

abuse of forum Empty abuse of forum

Post by ryanandlauran September 26th 2009, 4:42 am

hi i was wondering if someone can help me, i run a forum which is about engines vintage ones a little boaring, for old men really, a thew days ago i had 2 new members join both with simiular user names to a couple of my old members also these new members have the same ip address. In my forum we like to welcome people, these members had about 10 very friendly messeges saying hello , i personally know all 60 of my members and know how friendly they are. Anyway last night i logged on to find one of the new members had wrote under the welcomes " thanks, to the 3 of you that wondered if i was homosexual i prefer to think of myself as gay or bisexual" i found this a little wired as no one on my forum had even metioned it.
I deleted the comment, and placed both new user names on a ban, with reason being " waiting for response" i sent him this messege " hi i was just wondering why you posted this comment when nothing like that has been said", i waited all day then about 8 hours ago i had another member join using the username " thisforumishomophobic" , i deleted it straight away and banned the user ip, i was willing to help him if he responded , a few minutes later i had this sent to me

" i am reporting this site for homophobia to forumotion, I took screen prints of the disgusting private messages sent to me and also the e-mail one of your lovely, kind and caring homophobes sent to me. An apology would of been nice but deleting me and more tha likely the evidence I don't expect one from such a horrible little site.

I really dont know what to do, i think it maybe someone with a grudge as i use to be part of another engine forum and left on bad terms, im just finding it all a little strange, as we dont ask about sexuality in my forum as all we take about is engines, im also wondering why he opened 2 different accounts using 2 simular names to to of my real members, what do you think i should do, any help would be most gratefull
ryanandlauran
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

abuse of forum Empty Re: abuse of forum

Post by TM September 26th 2009, 5:03 am

If it were my site, I would ban them both and go on talking about engines. We had one member who was somewhat like that. I started banning him as soon as I would see that it was the same IP or when he registered as TMSUCKS@ whatever it was. He complained to this support forum but since I had broken no rules there was no problem. Those in charge of Forumotion have dealt with this type before.

Enjoy your friends and engine talk and don't worry about it.
TM
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanandlauran September 26th 2009, 5:10 am

thanks for your response, i just didnt want people thinking we are like that, were a really friendly bunch, do i have to contact fourmotion support or wait for them to contact me , thankyou
ryanandlauran
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario September 26th 2009, 6:00 am

Did you report the forum using the Forum Complain? Click on my sig saying Report a Forum.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down