The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to disable "show all posts of this user"

3 posters

Go down

Solved How to disable "show all posts of this user"

Post by tommeliden September 26th 2009, 3:22 pm

I have been searching the forum for an answer to my question, but unfortunately have found no topic regarding my problem. So bere over with me, if a solution to my problem already exist in this forum.

I am trying to make different usergroups, where some usergroups are denied access to certain forums. This works well in the main forum, and people can only see what I intend them to see. My problems is that there is a way for a registrered user to see all topics posted by any member, when they access the members profile, and click on "show all posts of this user".
I dont want registrered members to be able to watch all posts another member from a different usergroup have postet. How do I disable the "show all posts of this user" option?

thanks in advance Very Happy
tommeliden

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to disable "show all posts of this user"

Post by MrMario September 26th 2009, 5:12 pm

They won't be able to see the post if they aren't in the usergroup and you have set up the right permissions in the Admin Panel>>General Tab>>Forums & Categoires>>Click on Modify on the section>>Permissions>>And uncheck view/read and write/reply>>Save
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by tommeliden September 26th 2009, 5:23 pm

Thanks for the answer. When i checked the permissions, there was one place where i hadn't unchecked view/read.
Problem solved, and again thanks for the quick help Very Happy
tommeliden

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 26th 2009, 6:33 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
How to disable "show all posts of this user" 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down