The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

show HTML/BBcode to "yes" as the basic setting for all user??

4 posters

Go down

show HTML/BBcode to "yes" as the basic setting for all user?? Empty show HTML/BBcode to "yes" as the basic setting for all user??

Post by dkjj January 2nd 2010, 12:46 am

Is it possible to set: always show HTML/BBcode to "yes" as the basic setting for all user.

Is there anywhere where I can turn this feature "on" for my users or is it something, they only can do.
dkjj
dkjj

Male Posts : 5
Language : dansk

http://wes-2142.my-free-forum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

show HTML/BBcode to "yes" as the basic setting for all user?? Empty Re: show HTML/BBcode to "yes" as the basic setting for all user??

Post by Sanket January 2nd 2010, 6:40 am

Nopes, i don't think thats possible.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

show HTML/BBcode to "yes" as the basic setting for all user?? Empty Re: show HTML/BBcode to "yes" as the basic setting for all user??

Post by dkjj January 2nd 2010, 10:37 am

Are there any places where I can wish/desire for this feature so that forum admins can help new users?
dkjj
dkjj

Male Posts : 5
Language : dansk

http://wes-2142.my-free-forum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 2nd 2010, 2:32 pm

I didnt get you.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by webcie.squadra April 28th 2010, 2:18 pm

It would be nice if HTML and BBCode were default on "on".
webcie.squadra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 28th 2010, 4:19 pm

Can make a suggestion for it.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by webcie.squadra April 29th 2010, 8:16 pm

Ok that would be great, thanks!
webcie.squadra

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 30th 2010, 10:20 pm

what you want to have the option to not allow members to choose if the have it on or not?

if you have it on in the forums admin panel. then yes it's always on. but the members will have the option if they wanted to disable it in there profile preferences.. and there is also the option under neither the post subject box upon creation of a new topic/post.

So yeah if you want to get rid of that option for them and always have it you can.. but you will have to take it out of the template.. and you can only do this with pkpbb2 or punbb versions.

Now keep in mind if you do this staff will no longer see these options either.
i believe it will still be in the admin panel members profiles for admins to still adjust though.

so yeah you can take it out completely and your members would never even known it was there.. well your new members. your just complete removing the whole option from the whole forum.

then as long as you have the html and bbcode on in the admin panel then it will remain on for everyone.

then if you changed your mind and wanted to add it back you would just delete the template and it will go back to normal.. but to remove it can only be done through template edit.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down