The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thumbnail displayed on facebook link

3 posters

Go down

Thumbnail displayed on facebook link Empty Thumbnail displayed on facebook link

Post by zeb_dee October 2nd 2009, 12:08 pm

Hi everyone,

I want to be able to specify the thumbnail that shows up when people share my forum on Facebook. At the moment it is only picking up the 'forumotion' thumbnail in my affiliates widget. I tried putting a 'fake' affiliate in there with the thumbnail i wanted to use, but when I click on 'share on facebook' I still only get the option of the forumotion thumbnail, it doesn't even show the other image as a choice.

How can I make it easy for facebook to find the thumbnail I want?! Is it possibly a problem because fb has already cached my page?

Thanks so much for any help Cool
zeb_dee

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Thumbnail displayed on facebook link Empty Re: Thumbnail displayed on facebook link

Post by Darren1 October 2nd 2009, 12:30 pm

You cannot change the forumotion affiliate's.

What you want to do is to make ur own affiliate box Wink
=> https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/forum-widgets-t22589.htm#126813
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Thumbnail displayed on facebook link Empty Re: Thumbnail displayed on facebook link

Post by dotDavid October 2nd 2009, 12:51 pm

Link to your forum, please?

Is this affiliates widget a self-created widget? What do you mean by "fake"?
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zeb_dee October 2nd 2009, 2:48 pm

I don't want to change the affiliates - that is incidental. I want another picture option when posting to facebook. I would like to know a way of creating a new thumbnail that shows up on facebook please Smile

... to explain, to try and give facebook another picture to choose I added code to the standard affiliates widget to create a little button that just linked back to the forum which had a picture of my choosing. I thought this might make this picture an option when you are posting to facebook, but next time I tried to post the site to facebook it still only showed the forumotion picture, with no option to choose a different thumbnail.

Any ideas greatly appreciated Very Happy

Last edited by zeb_dee on October 19th 2009, 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
zeb_dee

Back to top Go down

Post by zeb_dee October 4th 2009, 4:13 pm

no one? Sad
zeb_dee

Back to top Go down