The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Litigation query

4 posters

Go down

Litigation query Empty Litigation query

Post by LVC October 7th 2009, 9:11 pm

I've seen there is a rating 1 against litigation in the "Abuses and Litigations" section on the Admin panel - no idea why or what it's about (no email nor PM received about it).

My forum is:

http://motolemans.forumotion.net

Any ideas of where/what I do next to find out more Question

Thanks
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Litigation query Empty Re: Litigation query

Post by kirk October 7th 2009, 9:39 pm

It means someone has sent you a abuse report.
click it find out what it's about then take care of the problem or any actions you feel you need to do.then send it to done abuses.

if it was a warning from litigation's you would see the waning message on the home page admin panel. so it's most likely a member reported an abuse to you. you should also encourage any members to hit the report post tab in a post if they feel there is something to report.

this helps mods and your self keep an eye out if there is any violations happening.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC October 7th 2009, 9:52 pm

Thanks Kirk for your reply.

However I've no warnings on the home page and can't click or anything relating to the Litigation.

Help scratch
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 7th 2009, 10:06 pm

are you sure it's in litigation's and not abuses?

admin panel>misc>reported abuses. check and see if there is one in there.
if you saying you have 1 in the litigation's list? i am not sure. give me a screen shot of that and i will find out. but if there's nothing to click or check and you have no warning message from them. then it's most likely nothing to worry about.

but send me the screen shot and i will find out for sure.
also check you abuses.
thanks
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC October 7th 2009, 10:16 pm

It's listed as a "Litigation" >>

Litigation query Lit01

and there's nothing in the reported abuses >>

Litigation query Abuses01

All a bit wierd - thanks in advance salut
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 7th 2009, 10:25 pm

LVC wrote:It's listed as a "Litigation" >>

Litigation query Lit01

and there's nothing in the reported abuses >>

Litigation query Abuses01

All a bit wierd - thanks in advance salut

ok i will send it off to the office and see if they know.
i never seen one there befor so i am unsure?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC October 7th 2009, 10:40 pm

Thanks - glad it's not just me going nuts Very good
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 7th 2009, 10:59 pm

That only being sent to someone at Forumotion not your forum.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC October 7th 2009, 11:01 pm

MrMario wrote:That only being sent to someone at Forumotion not your forum.

Sorry MrMario don't quite understand what you mean there scratch
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 7th 2009, 11:03 pm

Its being sent to someone at Forumotion not to you.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC October 7th 2009, 11:09 pm

What's being sent to forumotion, the "litigation issue" or my "support problem" ?

I understand that Kirk is going to raise the issue with the "office" to find out what it's about.
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 7th 2009, 11:11 pm

Yes he did and I replied saying litigation go to the company and then its sent to you when someone views it first at the company.

Last edited by MrMario on October 7th 2009, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC October 7th 2009, 11:12 pm

OK thanks.

So how do I find out what the litigation issue is about?
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 7th 2009, 11:13 pm

MrMario wrote:Yes he did and I replied saying litigation go to the company and then its sent to you when someone views it first at the company.

Sorry found a topic in the staff room's saying how it works.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC October 7th 2009, 11:15 pm

OK - I'll wait to hear then to see what it's all about. bounce

Thanks
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 October 8th 2009, 12:31 am

Hello,

Ill explain the difference of abuses for you, and the warnings you receive Wink

You see the "Report an abuse" link in the footer? ( bottom of the page )
That's someone informing you of something and NOT informing people at the office of forumotion.
You can check them out at Abused & litigation screen you have above; that's where you'll receive warnings as well. Wink

Litigation tool: If someone sends a complaint of/about ur forum to the people at the office of forumotion via the litigation tool you will NOT receive notification in the above spot.
It is sent directly to the office and generally they do NOT give notification of a breach of rules and close your forum down once they access the problem.
You do NOT receive notification about this.

I hope this clears some things up,
Darren.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 8th 2009, 1:19 am

From what I read from Typlo he reads it and then its sent to the Founder of the Forum manually.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 8th 2009, 2:32 am

MrMario wrote:From what I read from Typlo he reads it and then its sent to the Founder of the Forum manually.
See but why would it be sent to them if they cant read it? lol

what i am confused about is?

In the past there have been a hand full of people that gotten a warning in there admin panel home page to remove something that is in violation. this is rare and usually means it's a minor violation so instead of litigation's shutting the forum down they will give a warning to remove the content.

Now if some one complained to litigation's about his forum. he should not be receiving something in his abuses saying one litigation if he is unable to view whats in there.
i mean i never heard of anyone ever receiving this. Most of the time litigation's will review what the complaint is about. if it's nothing then nothing is done and the go about there business. Now if it is something in violation and they feel it breaks tos to where they have to shut the forum down. then they will just shut it down. they are not obligated to inform you. it is the forums administrators responsibility to see there are no violations happening and the forum is being looked after and moderated.

So to reiterate on my question and why i am confused.Is why he received this saying 1 litigation but there's nothing for him to click to see what it's about/why would it even be sent to him.

like i said i have never seen any in there and never heard of anyone ever getting one.
i did here about a few people getting warnings in the past. but once again that is very rare and i am not sure if forumotion litigation's team even do that anymore?

So i guess we will have to ask the boss/typlo.
or I'll pm lucky with this threads link. he might know.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 8th 2009, 3:09 am

They can read it once its sent to them.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 8th 2009, 3:24 am

MrMario wrote:They can read it once its sent to them.
i think i might know what you mean.
anyway i sent luky a pm and it's in the office.So we'll give it a day or two to see if there is an official exclamation.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC October 8th 2009, 9:34 am

There's nothing that I'm aware of on the forum that's in breach of the rules - however we do have an Admin of an old forum which we've split from who's looking to make trouble. I'm guessing that any "litigation/complaint" issues against my forum would've been sent by her and as such will be unfounded and just malicious - which is why I want to know what it's about.

We've only been live for about 1 month (and already have over 150 members and 10,000 posts) so I doubt there's a real reason for a complaint requiring a "litigation" - will wait and see.
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 8th 2009, 1:58 pm

Well the word i got from luky and he is not absolutely sure either.
Is that i might be that someone has sent a complaint to litigation's.
So it shows on your forum but you do not have a way to know what it's about only that one has been sent.

Now once again this is not an official answer.Luky has sent it off for typlo to look at so we just have to wait until he received it.please give him a few days.he takes everything he gets on a first come first serve basis. he is very busy so please try to be patient.

Now remember your forum is still there so it's most likely nothing to worry about. i would also go through as many post as you and your staff can from the last month to just make sure everthing seems to be on the up and up.

And remember in the future. to always mod everthing to the best of your ability.And be sure to give warnings or bans on members that are not following your rules or are in violation of TOS.

So we just have to wait and hopefully typlo will be able to give us an official answer to resolve the issue.

thanks
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC October 8th 2009, 2:12 pm

Thanks Kirk - I appreciate the assistance Very Happy

We've been through virtually everything on the forum and can find nothing that conflicts with the rules - I still reckon its an internal looking to cause trouble. My money's on the Admin of our ex-forum as I mentioned before, she's already had a moan via forumactif as I retracted the redirection from my url address to her forum (it was me after all who registered it) and then got upset as I also own/have registered several other urls which she wants. I also doubt that anyone on my forum would even know where to go to raise a litigation issue even if they wanted to.
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC October 9th 2009, 12:57 pm

and so it goes on....

We now have an "abuse" indication - on investigation the comment says "SPAMMED MY CHATBOX WITH THIS FORUM"

OK so assuming it's a real abuse - how can my forum spam someone's chatbox? and how can it be stopped to avoid it happening again (if indeed it is true - which I can't see how it could be as I've certainly not sent any spam to anyone and even if I was that stupid why send it to someone who's clearly English when the forum is a French motorbike forum)?

Is there a way of finding out who left the abuse comment, as I still believe these just to be unfounded malicious attacks by a known 3rd party?
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LVC November 2nd 2009, 10:48 pm

Update on the litigation front:

I received a copy of the litigation complaint and as I first thought it's the Admin of our ex-forum. She raised a litigation issue over a url address which I bought about 3 years before "her" forum existed. I've replied to the complaint and received an email from her stating that she is "dropping" the litigation complaint - so kind fufufu

However I'd like to know if she gets a warning or something from the litigation team (or can I request one) for 1) raising a complaint which was nothing to do with litigation and 2) the "issue" she raised had already been answered by "The Godfather" on forumactif on a post where she asked the same thing - she was clearly snubbing/ignoring his reply and in doing so caused wasted time for the litigation team Thumb down

Her complaint also caused myself and my moderateurs a lot of wasted time checking through our forum trying to find a "real" litigation problem which, as it turns out, didn't exist Evil or Very Mad

Where do I go from here to make sure she receives a warning about this episode, surely as the victim of an illegitimate complaint I have certain rights to retribution?
LVC
LVC
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario November 3rd 2009, 12:45 am

Typlo is the one you need to contact since he is the one in charge of the litigation stuff.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down