The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you ban an IP address from viewing your forum?

5 posters

Go down

Can you ban an IP address from viewing your forum? Empty Can you ban an IP address from viewing your forum?

Post by Metina Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Hiya,

There is a member of this forum that started out "partnering" with me and now has gone out and started her own forum to compete with me. I was ok with it at first, but now each time I go to see what she is up to she is copying all the things I seem to do to keep my forum at the top.

I know how to ban someone from the forum, but was wondering if you can ban someones IP address from seeing the forum. I know she can still see it from other computers, but it would really be a pain for her and she would get the message.

Can this be done?

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Forumember

Female Posts : 114
Language : English

http://www.facepaintforum.com

Back to top Go down

Can you ban an IP address from viewing your forum? Empty Re: Can you ban an IP address from viewing your forum?

Post by Kalliopi Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:34 pm

GO to users & groups > ban control. Smile
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Can you ban an IP address from viewing your forum? Empty Re: Can you ban an IP address from viewing your forum?

Post by Darren1 Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:37 pm

When you IP Ban someone, you ban them from viewing the forum in its entity
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by @znice Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:12 am

uh de de de
@znice
@znice

Language : english

http://mynetwork1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:23 pm

How do you figure out their IP address? Is this a feature in the panel as well?
Metina
Metina
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:38 pm

No, not necessarily.

If the member/s has posted you can click on the "View IP" button up near the "Quote" buttons.

If the member/s has not posted, then you ahve to catch them online, and get their I{ from the home page of the admin panel under the "Who's Online" spot.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:32 am

Awesome! Thanks!

Does every computer have its own IP address? I also run a forum for my HOA community and hope that it is for each computer and not an area. The HOA(Home Owners Association) forum is brand new, but know as it grows I will have to ban some. And since all the members are in less than a 1 mile radius it could get tricky.

-Metina
Metina
Metina
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:53 am

I think it could go tricky, if its in a area. Your best bet would be to email ban them.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down