The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

friends and foes

2 posters

Go down

friends and foes Empty friends and foes

Post by sportsfan147 October 16th 2009, 15:13

I searched through the forums and couldn't find anywhere to help with this.

When anyone thats not a moderator or admin trys to add a foe. It comes up with this message. You cannot add in the list of ignored because it belongs to the group of the Administrators or Moderators of this forum

It says that if anyone trys to do it through their own profile or by clicking on the person they want to be a foe profile.

The setting in user options > user settings is set to yes for allowing friends and foes. The advanced profile is turned on. So i'm not sure what to do to have normal members being able to use the foes list. Anyone no what I need to do?
sportsfan147

Language : english

Back to top Go down

friends and foes Empty Re: friends and foes

Post by dotDavid October 16th 2009, 15:34

You cannot add in the list of ignored because it belongs to the group of the Administrators or Moderators of this forum
This message means that you/a member is trying to add a moderator/admin as a foe ie. not a friend. Basically, you can't do that, but you can "foe" a normal user.
dotDavid
dotDavid
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2404
Language : English

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

friends and foes Empty Re: friends and foes

Post by sportsfan147 October 16th 2009, 15:42

dotDavid wrote:
You cannot add in the list of ignored because it belongs to the group of the Administrators or Moderators of this forum
This message means that you/a member is trying to add a moderator/admin as a foe ie. not a friend. Basically, you can't do that, but you can "foe" a normal user.

Thats what I thought when I got told that it wasnt a mod or admin they tried to block using the foes list. I created a test account with no privildges at all and I got the exact same message when trying to ignore a normal member.

EDIT: you are right, one of the people trying to be blocked of turns out to be a mod somewhere in the forums.
sportsfan147

Language : english

Back to top Go down