The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible to force a user group to watch a forum?

3 posters

Go down

Possible to force a user group to watch a forum? Empty Possible to force a user group to watch a forum?

Post by jtcunlimited October 27th 2009, 11:08 pm

Hi, new forum admin here! I was wondering if I could have all members of a usergroup watch a certain forum by default.

My goal is to have a forum "Announcements" where only topics with urgent information are created and everyone in the specific group will be notified.

Thanks!
Joey
jtcunlimited

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Possible to force a user group to watch a forum? Empty Re: Possible to force a user group to watch a forum?

Post by MrMario October 27th 2009, 11:31 pm

There isn't anything really to do this unless you send like a email or something to the members.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Possible to force a user group to watch a forum? Empty Re: Possible to force a user group to watch a forum?

Post by jtcunlimited October 28th 2009, 3:07 am

mmm...i dont quite follow? So you're saying there is no code or mod that will allow me to set all members from a usergroup to "watch this forum" by default?

I know it's only a small step for the user to click "watch this forum", but i am managing the forum for a fraternity community, and they are not the most computer literate. Eliminating that step would make things much simpler and easier.

Thanks!
jtcunlimited

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 28th 2009, 3:19 am

no what you do is.
If you have important announcements that you need a certain group to be informed about,You pm that specific group the announcement and information.
When you go to you pm and start a new topic you have the option to send the messages to groups or a multiple members.

this is the only way i can see you doing this. there is no way to force members to follow a topic or forum if they do not chose to do so.

hope that helps a Lil. Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by jtcunlimited October 28th 2009, 3:24 am

Ahhh ok I understand. Can members of the group other than the group moderator send group pms?

Thanks for the prompt response.
jtcunlimited

Back to top Go down