The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Guests" stalking my private forum ?

3 posters

Go down

"Guests" stalking my private forum ? Empty "Guests" stalking my private forum ?

Post by megadread November 4th 2009, 1:34 am

Hi all, just a quicky.
Despite my forum being members only i always seem to have an inordinate amount of guests showing in the "who's online" box.
Is it possible in some way they are viewing my content or am i just being paranoid.
Sometimes i have more guests than members showing and they're staying a surprisingly long time despite (supposedly) not being able to see my forum.
Any ideas. ?
megadread
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

"Guests" stalking my private forum ? Empty Re: "Guests" stalking my private forum ?

Post by Mehtevas November 4th 2009, 1:35 am

If you have it set that they may not view your forum, then they can not view it.
Theyare just seeing the "Log-In/Register" screen Wink
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

"Guests" stalking my private forum ? Empty Re: "Guests" stalking my private forum ?

Post by megadread November 4th 2009, 1:41 am

Thanks Kinky.
It does seem strange though, why would someone spend over an hour looking at the log in page. ?
This is happening all the time and it's starting to freak me out a little as we're only a small forum dedicated to archaeology so not of interest to most.
megadread
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas November 4th 2009, 1:42 am

haha, well, i know how that feels Razz but, its shouldbefine xD
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 4th 2009, 3:44 am

Yeah it's basically what kinky has said. it could also mean that there are people registering.. but if you have your forum to where guest can not view anything then there is nothing to worry about.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down