The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Root Directory

3 posters

Go down

Root Directory Empty Root Directory

Post by Lori♥TheTazzyLady November 18th 2009, 8:26 pm

I need some help here to learn how do I get to our root directory to delete old images? We took over the founder status from another lady and we don't know how to do this. She gave us the email and password to obtain founder status; so I'm hoping it worked. How can we know for sure if we have the "founder" status now or not? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
:wouhou:
Lori
Lori♥TheTazzyLady
Lori♥TheTazzyLady
Forumember

Female Posts : 71
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Root Directory Empty Re: Root Directory

Post by kirk November 19th 2009, 12:48 am

well there should only be one member that has the founder status and is the new owner.Sharing the owners account can sometimes lead to things turning out to be a disaster.. one being, someone possibly sharing the pass and haveing someone come in and hacking the forum.

there are a number of reasons you do not want to share the owners account. have one owner then the owner can assign as many admins or mods/staff the wish.

An easy way to tell if you have the owner account would be to check and see if you can the forums address options.Only the owner would be able to see this option and change.

Admin panel>general.

right at the top on the right hand side you will see (FORUM)
if you see forums address. then you have the owner account..
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori♥TheTazzyLady November 19th 2009, 3:41 am

Thank you so much Kirk. I checked and we do have the founder status now thank goodness. It is only another girl and I doing the work on it...so its all good.

Would you or anyone else be able to tell me how to delete images in the root directory as there is old banners and stuff there we want to get rid of. Many thanks!

:wouhou:

Lori
Lori♥TheTazzyLady
Lori♥TheTazzyLady
Forumember

Female Posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by MMI November 19th 2009, 8:00 am

Hi Lori,

I think your images are probably hosted on servimg and you can log in there with the founder's forum details. Here's a link to the Servimg tutorial
MMI

http://generaltranscription.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down