The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain Ownership

2 posters

Go down

Solved Domain Ownership

Post by KQ December 9th 2009, 2:41 am

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right spot to place this, but I know its supposed to be in the Support Forum. And, if this isn't the right spot I'm sure some of the kindly Forumotion users can point me in the right spot! bwi

Anyway, about two and a half years ago me and three of my friends decided to create a Naruto Website. We left our previous Anime Domain, which was an incredibly small site that we were all Administrators on (on some lame VBulletin thingy) and created www.wayoftheninja.org here on Forumotion. With the exception of that laggy freeze state we have never really had any complaints with our service and I've long supported Forumotion.

My three friends were all administrators, and one was the site founder with Head Administrator abilities, Punkfilter. I am quater on this website, and have been an admin since its founding.

However, all three of these friends were from Boston and all knew each other, announced they were leaving in a day and were gone. This was October of 2008. I recruited some new admins and have been running the website ever since. We had a very long drought of new users and activity but we're finally starting to get back on our feet. Its really progressing and we're really excited to see if 2010 can see us reaching new potential. The problem, however, is that I, the only remaining Admin from its founding, was never given Head Administrator status by the previous Admin. I have tried Emailing him, Pming him, AIMing him, and pretty much every imaginable form of contact for these past 14 months or so, and have had no luck.

I was wondering if their was a way that we could give the Domain over to me. There are things Forumotion allows only the Head Admin to do, and things he can buy for the site. Sadly, I cannot get to any of these (Specifically setting up a Gallery with lots of room for the users) as I am still a lowly tier one Administrator.

You can be assured, my users and fellow admins on the site fully support the switch of power to me. I think it'd be a really great way to show that the site has overcome its drought and I'd greatly appreciate it if Forumotion Admins/Moderators/ Or Techies could give me a hand with this. It'd make Forumotion that much easier to use and help secure my website.

^_^ All done! If you read all that, you rule. batman
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 204
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Domain Ownership

Post by Sanket December 9th 2009, 4:30 am

Since the founder is inactive since October of 2008, you will be entitled to become the founder of the forum. You need to PM Typlo, with all your details, including usernames of the founder & your current username.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by KQ December 9th 2009, 5:35 pm

Saweet. Will do! Thank you for taking the time to read this. pirat
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 9th 2009, 8:35 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Domain Ownership 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down