The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain Ownership

5 posters

Go down

Domain Ownership Empty Domain Ownership

Post by KQ January 21st 2010, 5:03 am

Okay, I've made a thread on this before in the Suggestions area. I've PMed three mods, too. And I've given everyone plenty of time to help. Most people told me to ask Typlo, and I've PMed Typlo 3 times, giving him about 3 weeks to a month to respond each time to my request.

Problem: The founder of my forum, www.wayoftheninja.org, has left. And has been gone. Since October, of 2008. However, my Forum has survived and is really starting to thrive again. And I'd like to buy credits so I can expand my Forum's gallery options. It's got 3600 members and I want them to have as much space as possible. I also want to make sure I can restore the forum if it ever gets hacked, viralized, or just randomly has a bump of the internet happen to it. Plus I want to change a few other little things it seems only head admins can do. Like who sends the Welcome message to the site. Etc.

There is not one person on my forum who won't recognize me as the Head Admin. I've been an administrator of it since it was created, and I was invited to help run it with the original founder. I've made tens of thousands of posts to keep it going, all of which took lots of my time. And I've pretty much lead my forum, which was virtually dead for a year, back to survival.

Now when I first asked a mod about this problem, he told me they believed after a few months of inactivity Forumotion could give me Domain Ownership. I also heard that when I made a thread the first time I made it, in another part of the suggestions Forum. And so, I'm kinda wondering what am I supposed to do next? ^_^;;

Like, I've exhausted every venue I know how, and I've been as patient as I can be. But I am pretty sure in the huge site that is Forumotion, my request has been shuffled away and I'd kinda like it taken care of.

Last edited by KQ on January 30th 2010, 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Male Posts : 204
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Domain Ownership Empty Re: Domain Ownership

Post by netsniper January 21st 2010, 6:01 pm

I can't help you with this but I am curious? if the founder left so long ago how did you manage to renew your domain? every year
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1040

Back to top Go down

Post by KQ January 22nd 2010, 9:01 pm

I've been wondering that, too. And reading around on Forumotion. Apparently if your activity is high after a year of having a Domain Name Forumotion can consider you for keeping it. Considering Way Of The Ninja has 68 thousand points we must of made the mark. That's all I can think up.
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario January 23rd 2010, 9:36 pm

Typlo is the only person to get help on transferring accounts. He's away till Monday and if you don't get a message back on Wednesday contact a staff member and ask them to forward it to Typlo in the staff rooms.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by KQ January 28th 2010, 3:02 am

What staff member should I contact?
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario January 28th 2010, 3:20 am

Typlo.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by KQ January 30th 2010, 7:11 am

I've already tried contacting him three times with a 2 week separation imbetween each attempt and nothing happened. That's why I made this topic.
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 30th 2010, 7:17 am

KQ, i will bring this thread to Typlo's attention. But expect a reply from him in this thread only on monday since he does not work on weekends.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by KQ January 30th 2010, 7:44 am

Thank you very much! :wouhou:
KQ
KQ
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 2nd 2010, 11:44 am

Hello,

Last visit of the founder was on Sat Jan 16 2010, 07:04, so I'm afraid nothing can be done on my side.
You will need to see it with him.

And a domain name can't be renewed automatically, the founder needs to validate it manually through the admin panel, so it's impossible that he's been absent for over a year.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down