The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Date change question

3 posters

Go down

Solved Date change question

Post by DrewBlank December 10th 2009, 2:38 am

Hi!
I've just created a forum here and I want to transfer all the posts (copy and paste), from my previous forum (on another provider on my Flash based website), so that the dates shown next to the posts are the 'real' dates on which they were originally posted. Is it possible for me to change the date on my forum when I paste in these forum posts so that the date next to each message corresponds to when it really was posted?
For instance, A post that was posted on March 4th this year. I want to transfer it by copying and pasting the post to my new forum, but I don't want the date for the message on my new forum to show as today's date. That would make it look like all the posts were made today. Wow! Sorry for explaining this so poorly. I hope you know what I mean.
Thanks for your help. The forum tools you give us here are pretty awesome. Smile

Last edited by Sanket on December 10th 2009, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color Removed)
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Date change question

Post by Agenda December 10th 2009, 3:17 am

I understand what you're saying, but I'm afraid that physically changing those dates aren't possible. Sad That's all server-side techno-geek stuff. XD

You may just have to remind new members of your board that those posts are "declassified transfers" (some nice lingo there) from a previous provider. Wink
Agenda
Agenda
Forumember

Male Posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBlank December 10th 2009, 9:47 am

That's fine Agenda. Thanks for getting back to me. Smile

Last edited by Sanket on December 10th 2009, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color Removed)
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 10th 2009, 1:27 pm

Bold and Color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Date change question 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down