The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four questions about modifying permissions language on a forum and warning.

2 posters

Go down

Solved Four questions about modifying permissions language on a forum and warning.

Post by Viego December 24th 2009, 11:11 pm

Hello. I have a trouble with setting permissions in forums.

I want to set this:
Four questions about modifying permissions language on a forum and warning. Gko9f5c05dz6qmts5eq
in most of forums but what I get is this:
Four questions about modifying permissions language on a forum and warning. 59odnjubfdmlji0ricn1
(it's in Polish, but I hope most of important informations is clear)

When set on "Private" in those forums in user permissions I can give any user access to remaining options, not permitted for normal users. But I want for those options to stay only for Moderators and Administrators (like in the third forum from the bottom).

How can I fix it? If I deselect event, sticky and announcement option for Moderators, they are unable to use this options (yes, I know it's obvious).

Now, my second question.
Is it possible to make some users Junior Administrators (access to some, but not all of Admin Panel sections) and some Moderators permitted to ban users (without setting permission to ban for all Moderators)?

And third:
Is it possible to manually change language of forum? In my forum it says "Polish", but it's more like mix between Polish and English (as you can see on screens for example). Even if it means rewritting word by word, it won't be a problem.

Thanks in advance.

@edit
Well, I have been searching in Admin Panel about my first problem and I found out that I don't really have any problem with it. I got used to previous hosting service with smaller Admin Panel and differences between them confused me.
So, as that option does not obstruct Moderators' work, it's not necessary to answer for my first problem, however I'm still curious, why I had that option set twice, but I couldn't set it anymore.

Oh, and I changed subject and description of topic to match with other two questions.

@edit
Unfortunately, newbie has got one more question.
Is there any warning system? Or I have to add for it one more profile field?

@edit...
I didn't think this kind of hosting with so big admin panel would NOT have proper warning system. And with 176 votes on "yes" and 4 on "no" nothing seems to be changing. Nothing happens. Oh hell.

Last edited by Viego on December 27th 2009, 11:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Viego

Language : Polish, English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Four questions about modifying permissions language on a forum and warning.

Post by Viego December 29th 2009, 9:59 pm

You must also avoid to post the same topic twice, it will not be faster for you to get a response.
As long as you topic is not in the second page of the support section, it is useless to bump it. The minimum delay between two bumps is 24 hours, according to this board's default timezone (GMT - 5).
If you make a mistake or you want to make any modifications to one of your posts, please use the button at the top-right of the post, to avoid double-posting
I have read this, but for now I don't really care.
I have already edited previous post three times, partially solved two problems by myself, read FAQ several times.
And somehow there is no even one answer in... five days?
I checked all topics on first and second page before I started writing this post. All but five topics have been answered in the same day, that five ones next day, also on the first page there are three topics without any answer (one topic from Saturday, two from today) and also mine.
I don't care if my problems don't have solutions. If so, I want to know about it.
Even if my English is really bad, why nobody told me about it?

Why the hell it's fifth day I am waiting for any answer?
Viego

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Four questions about modifying permissions language on a forum and warning.

Post by Viego January 6th 2010, 1:08 pm

Thirteen days. Waiting for any answer for 13 days. You hope I'll get tired and stop waiting? Hell no.
Or maybe you feel ashamed because this hosting is so crappy that it hasn't got options I asked about?

If you think about "no" as an answer for my second question in this post, show me that I'm not right.
Viego

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 6th 2010, 1:18 pm

Too many questions at a time in which everyone got confused.

1st question: Seems to be solved for you.

2nd question: Only users in the administrators group have access to admin panel.

3rd question: Did you try changing the language of the forum via Profile>Preferences
Board Langauge:

Warning system: https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/personalized-profile-fields-warning-system-t11187.htm#58391

Anything else that i missed?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Viego January 6th 2010, 6:13 pm

At first I had only 3 questions, then I solved first, so there were only two questions until I asked about warning system. Two is really two much? Oh well. Anyway, thanks for answer.

About warning system, I have already created warning system as profile field before my second post, but slightly after I found poll about "proper warning system" as someone wrote in topic. If there isn't such a thing now, we will just have to wait until it's made (if it will be made).

Back to third question.
I have been changing language in Profile>Preferences some times between Polish and English and when English is set, nothing special, just everything we didn't change in AP (like profile fields) is in English.
But when Polish is set, some texts are in Polish and some are in English. And this is my problem. What I want is forum with all texts in our language. Some of users from our old forum have problems even with Polish (oh man...), I don't think they would do better in English.
Like I said in first post, I can even translate everything by myself and give ready translation to every Polish forum my work would be useful in.

Question 1 - yes, it doesn't matter.
Question 2 - good to know. I think we can exist without such a rank.

And in fact, you missed one thing that was in second question. "Special" Moderator with permission to ban users exclusive for him.

Thanks for answer once more.

Oh, member of our staff has one more, simply question for me to ask.
Is it possible to put counter showing how many users were online in last 24h?
Something that would change
Members connected during last 24 hours: A, B, C, ...
into
n members connected during last 24 hours: A, B, C, ...
with n as a number of members
Viego

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 6th 2010, 6:18 pm

I meant, the content was so much that it confused us. Not the # of questions.

I don't think there is anything more that can be done to convert the polish version more accurately.

I still don't understand what the special moderator issue is.

About the n members connected during last 24 hours: A, B, C, ... thats not possible.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Viego January 7th 2010, 2:32 pm

Okay, about special moderator thing, now without using words "special moderator" or "super moderator".

Is it possible to give permission to ban users for certain group or user? But without allowing all moderators to ban.
This is what I'm talking about.

About language and counter, the latter isn't really important. But language... well, we have to get used for what we have now if there's no way to change it.
Viego

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 7th 2010, 2:34 pm

Okay i get it, nopes thats not possible. Either you give it to all moderators or no one.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Viego January 7th 2010, 10:17 pm

After we saw such a big admin panel, we thought "Wow, it must have about twice more options than our previous hosting".
Well, for it not to have things we know from less advanced hostings... It's a bit disappointing.

Thank you for your answers anyway. In my opinion, it can be now marked as Solved.
Viego

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 8th 2010, 4:39 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Four questions about modifying permissions language on a forum and warning. 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down