The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can l move 'last topic' from portal to homepage?

2 posters

Go down

can l move 'last topic' from portal to homepage? Empty can l move 'last topic' from portal to homepage?

Post by dolfin July 27th 2007, 4:13 am

Hi

Can l move the 'last topic' scroll to the homepage above my forums at all...

Also could you please tell me if there is a way to have dated topics in forum be posted into forums in date order ie all the 26/07, then 27/07 etc automatically..instead of dates all over the place and having to find them through the list? The only way l can see to do that is to personally place them in by date order, which is too time consuming. Would be great if they could be automatically placed in their 'same date' lists with the 'near closing dates' being listed on top of each forum.

Embarassed I hope l haven't confused you, cause l know l just confused myself Smile

for example:

Win a car 07/07
win a holiday 07/07
win a DVD 08/07
win a movie tix 09/07
win $5000 15/07

etc...

Thanks alot
dolfin

Female Posts : 20
Language : English

Back to top Go down

can l move 'last topic' from portal to homepage? Empty Re: can l move 'last topic' from portal to homepage?

Post by chester July 27th 2007, 10:12 am

Go to admin panal> module> Portal> Recent topic option. After that, go to Portal> portal structure if you wanna change the structure of your portal homepage.

All topics are showing with date in every board. If you have any hesitate, then go to admin panal> General Admin> Configuration> Date format
chester
chester
Forumember

Male Posts : 65

http://mig33bd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

can l move 'last topic' from portal to homepage? Empty Re: can l move 'last topic' from portal to homepage?

Post by dolfin July 27th 2007, 1:38 pm

thanks Chester for your response, l appreciate it. :-)

What l was meaning, is there any way that l can move the 'last topic' scroll from the portal page to the forum page where all the forums are.

also with the dates, l was meaning instead of my posts ending up with dates scattered all over the place i.e
win a car 17/07/07
win a house 12/07/07
win a cd 26/07/07
win a dvd 11/07/07

that they could be 'automatically' placed in order as they are being posted i e
win a dvd 11/07/07
win a house 12/07/07
win a car 17/07/07
win a cd 26/07/07

without having to 'manually' move them from earliest date to later date. Is there a 'set up' on the forum that automatically does it for me?

really sorry if l am confusing everyone..its really hard to explain what l am trying to find out :-)
dolfin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2007, 3:11 pm

You cant do that at the time the technicians only have the code for that.

A while ago we asked in the suggestions section that we wanted to be able to put some of the portal scipts on our index pages.

But that idea was buried in the ashes of 2 new admin panels.

Back to top Go down

Post by dolfin July 28th 2007, 6:29 am

thanks kilsek...much appreciated :-)

well, hey admins, any chance of changing your minds. I can't see why it can't be done. It would make the forum look better, plus better accessibility to the forums, if that could be done.

A request to please rethink your decision, as l would love to have it all on the index page. It makes the index look great. Can only be a good thing for forumotion, can't it? Or at least give people the option to be able to do it...please re-think your decision. :-)

thanks
dolfin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2007, 3:40 pm

Dude, Make a suggestion in the Suggestions forum-be sure to add a Poll.

I'll vote yes!

Back to top Go down