The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain etc questions

Go down

Domain etc questions Empty Domain etc questions

Post by 4779jjc July 27th 2007, 4:25 pm

Hello there! Hello

Quick question in the hope of some rather sensible answers ...

If i was to purchase the Domain and the full removal of Advertisements, extra room etc would that mean that the Forum free, Make a forum,Free forum directory, free forum support would be removed from the base of the website?

As it's not doing my site great favours by members viewing it, and then vanishing to create thier own site. (Not nice and very crafty)

From what i've read throughout, i am having a few doubts at the moment and would just like to know in advance please.

Another one i'm concerened about is that all my hardwork on the site, is it true that i will never be able to have a back up of the topics/posts if i wished to transfer the forum over?

Just want to clear things up as the site is rapidly growing.

I can understand and i am grateful for being blessed with a free site, but if i'm going to put money into it, i need to know i'm not being taken for a ride.

Hope this comes across correctly as all is not meant in a negative way.

Best Regards

JJC
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Female Posts : 72
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Domain etc questions Empty Re: Domain etc questions

Post by 4779jjc July 28th 2007, 2:34 pm

Anyone?

I really would appreciate some answers please in order to hopefully put the mind at ease. If the question's are in fact all true then, please have the decency to at least answer them so that i can try elsewhere with a more positive outlook. thumright
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2007, 3:38 pm

No those wont be removed, even though they are ads.

I can see why the Phpbb one should stay, as the site is based off that but there is no reason the others should stay.

You cant transfer the topics/and posts from one site to the other.

You CAN however take the Make a donation link out:

Admin Panel
General Admin
Points management

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc July 28th 2007, 8:58 pm

Hi Kilsek Hello

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, i appreciate it.

Quite misleading then.

The Phpbb, i'm fine with but again paying for full removal of advertisement's should be exactly that. "Full removal". There should be guidelines regarding this as again, if i had known in advance then i would of thought again.

Kind of like a slap in the face, work flat out on creating a wonderful site only to find out basically i have been strung along. I signed up under the full impression of being able to pay for the removal of things etc, sadly this is not the case.

I have been told of two sites where i can sign up, purchase a domain from wherever i please (£4.99 2years for a co.uk ) with the guarantee of buying a backup for £60, and so on.

Looks like i'm going to have a chat with my members. Wink

Cheers

JJC
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc August 25th 2007, 2:01 am

Bouncing this one up too Very Happy
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 25th 2007, 10:28 am

4779jjc => Please try to avoid double posting, use the Domain etc questions Editer15 button if you have something to add.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4779jjc August 25th 2007, 4:37 pm

Well, i'm shocked that you moved my most recent urgent concern to the garbage and also disgusted by the fact that no one has had the decency to answer the questions within. There was no need for it.
I bounced the topics up as once again, they are avoided and ushered out of the way. reassure me for goodness sake and preferably in English and by someone of an Administrative status.

The support is rather unprofessional and in a very shameful manner.

Simple questions but no one is willing to answer.

If they were answered correctly. rather than being avoided, then i would not of had to bring them back again.

Everyone else is being answered around but not me.

And a topic regarding money or being being titled urgent should be on the priority list of needing answers in order to once again ensure reassurance amongst myself and others. I'm not transferring money until then.

For all i know, and from what i already feel, it does come across as rather strange.

You are quick enough to remove and let one know about a double posting, which it was not.

But not quick enough to take the time to answer.

This topics were also placed via the support forum as they meant just that.
4779jjc
4779jjc
Forumember

Back to top Go down