The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues with post appearance coding.

2 posters

Go down

Issues with post appearance coding. Empty Issues with post appearance coding.

Post by jaslene Thu 14 Jan 2010 - 23:00

Alright, I'm scrapping a forum together with the help of google and self-taught coding. It's been going well for the most part but I've hit a couple obstacles I just can't seem to fix.
Issues with post appearance coding. Questi10

1. I believe that when I googled this, I found that there was no way to remove the current time as it is something that every forum has. Just looking for some confirmation. If not removable, is there any way to right align both the time and last visit lines?

2. MOST FRUSTRATING! The post/category title. It's a huge, annoying, link appearing at the top of well, the post/category I'm looking at. I don't need a link to something I'm already looking at! Is there anyway to remove this or at least make it less gawky?

3. Couldn't find the CSS in the coding to remove this search bar. I feel it's not really needed, and if I wanted it at all I wouldn't want it placed there.

4. Scratch this. I don't have a problem with this feature.

5. Is there anyway I could change the info displayed about the "last post" from the poster's name and time to perhaps the post's name?
Issues with post appearance coding. Small10
Like, instead of seeing that Admin was the last to post, I could view that post's name instead?

Well, that's all for now. Any feedback would be much appreciated, and I apologize if any of these questions have already been asked and solved. I've tried to search for solutions to all of these but may have not been searching under the item's proper terms.
If anything I've asked would be better clarified by a screenshot or better explanation, please ask.

Thanks!
jaslene

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Issues with post appearance coding. Empty Re: Issues with post appearance coding.

Post by Darren1 Thu 14 Jan 2010 - 23:27

Hello,

1) I'm sorry, but neither is possible.

2) It's the name of a thread, you cannot remove it unfortunately.

3) I'm sorry but I don't know the code to remove the search bar, but I know you can make it so that only Admins can see it via: Admin panel >> Users & Groups ( Tab ) >> Special rights > Search = Admin > Save.

5) Unfortunately no, you cant have a topic alone, you can either have just the username, or the topic name AND last reply's name.
Admin panel >> Display ( Tab ) >> Structure and hierarchy > Scroll down to fins Hierarchy then immediately below it locate & activate "Show the last topic titles on index", and of cause save it.

Hope this has helped out Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down