The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bookmark/favorites section question!

3 posters

Go down

Bookmark/favorites section question! Empty Bookmark/favorites section question!

Post by VictorZanta January 15th 2010, 9:03 am

Recently i changed my forum address. And it still says in the tab the name of my old forum. Its hard to explain. Like when i add it to my favorites it still says PureAussieGamer forums. And it is now GamersDen. But in the favorites it still says PureAussieGamer. i was wondering how i change this all of my forum users have the same as i do. Hope i explained it properly.
VictorZanta

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Bookmark/favorites section question! Empty Re: Bookmark/favorites section question!

Post by Juraj45 January 15th 2010, 9:23 am

if you changed the name and not the url link, it is common phenomenon.

This is the operator with a letter of application. It will take a while than robots again and read the name change records in mind whatever the Windows Media, Google, Yahoo, MSN, AltaVista, or what.
Juraj45
Forumember

Male Posts : 45
Language : English

http://zeleny.naturalforum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Bookmark/favorites section question! Empty Re: Bookmark/favorites section question!

Post by VictorZanta January 16th 2010, 6:36 am

no i did change it. I change it from pureaussiegamer.roflforum.net to gamersden.1talk.net and it hasnt changed.
VictorZanta

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 January 16th 2010, 6:50 am

Hello,

you will have to manually change your bookmark URL.
Click your bookmark/favorrites > Right click on the forums bookmark, hit properties & then update & save the new URL then.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorZanta January 16th 2010, 6:51 am

Yea but then everyone who uses the forums will have to as well. It should just work. Ive already done that but some people have gotten confused. OH well i guess.
VictorZanta

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 January 16th 2010, 7:45 am

There's no way to automate the bookmark/favourites URL update unfortunately.

I suppose you would just have to send a Mass Email to users and tell them how to do it, or make a special post for it.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorZanta January 16th 2010, 8:11 am

ok good idea. Im just hoping it automatically does it soon or later
VictorZanta

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 January 16th 2010, 9:42 am

VictorZanta wrote:ok good idea. Im just hoping it automatically does it soon or later

I'm sorry to inform you, but bookmarks or mass emails don't happen automatically, you must do/change them manually, yourself.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by VictorZanta January 16th 2010, 9:43 am

no i didnt mean automatic emails. I ment that when i had pureaussiegame as my domain name the bookmark thing automatically changed to pureaussiegame.
VictorZanta

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 January 16th 2010, 9:46 am

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted that

You'll have to update your name as well
Admin panel >> General ( Tab ) >> Search engine > Forum name > Update & save.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down