The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embeding question? ~ { Moved Question to Juridical Section}

2 posters

Go down

Embeding question? ~ { Moved Question to Juridical Section} Empty Embeding question? ~ { Moved Question to Juridical Section}

Post by Nessa August 25th 2007, 10:46 pm

Ok so I know we are not allowed to embed music videos from Youtube or anything copyrighted, correct?

But lets say some one has there own music and creates a video and posts [embeds] it in on my forum..Thats not illegal is it? Or against forumotions rules is it?

Is this member allowed to embed things of this nature on my forum with out me getting in trouble for it in any way?

And if so, won't other members who want to embed other videos get mad because "they" can't?

I would just like some input on how to handle this kind of situation. Wink

Last edited by on August 27th 2007, 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Embeding question? ~ { Moved Question to Juridical Section} Empty Re: Embeding question? ~ { Moved Question to Juridical Section}

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 26th 2007, 7:23 am

Make a poll for public opinion... tell them it's a democracy and whatever the majority agrees on is the final decision.. Very Happy
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Female Posts : 229
Language : English/Chinese/ Opps..She has gone on a video gaming expedition!

http://clanfusion.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Embeding question? ~ { Moved Question to Juridical Section} Empty Re: Embeding question? ~ { Moved Question to Juridical Section}

Post by Nessa August 26th 2007, 8:22 am

haha Yeah but I don't want my forum members deciding anything for me. I just want to be sure on what's alloud or not, and what to say to my forum members about it. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 26th 2007, 7:19 pm

Tell them that you are against copyright theft and only allow for original embedding
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa August 26th 2007, 7:43 pm

Good Idea..I may just say that then..If members ask..Thanx ;)

Would this video be allowed on my forum..It was created by a friend for the Realm, my forum. Am I allowed to add this to my forums home page?

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1039392224QrecQ

It's not completely finished yet, needs editing.
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 26th 2007, 9:20 pm

key words are

"created for your forum" and "with permission from author to embed"

Wink if it's not against tos and copyright issues.. go right ahead.. that's what i think
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa August 26th 2007, 9:49 pm

Me too,thats what I think as well Sweety..I just don't want to wake up 2morrow if I add it and have my forum taken away from me for whatever reason..I just wanna be sure 1st ya know?..I'm afraid to add it without some one from admin or a mod here saying it's ok first ..haha Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa August 27th 2007, 5:46 am

I realize now I have placed this question in the wrong section and have moved my question to the Juridical section. My apologies. If some one can close this topic, I would really appreciate it. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down