The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building a forum using imposters

+2
Darren1
Redheads rock
6 posters

Go down

Building a forum using imposters Empty Building a forum using imposters

Post by Redheads rock January 16th 2010, 2:47 am

I have in the past few days had members raise an issue of a problem they have with another forumotion forum and one of the other sites with our own discussion points.
It has become a topic from an ex-admin from that site that the site he was envolved with was full of usernames used by the owner, when members of that forum have made posts querying these points on the forum and they have been banned, i myself now have received mail from the forum concerned threatening me with forumotion or a lawyer.

Just how does forumotion suggest i handle this action ?
Redheads rock
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Building a forum using imposters Empty Re: Building a forum using imposters

Post by Redheads rock January 16th 2010, 4:18 am

come on guys! dont be shy.
Redheads rock
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 January 16th 2010, 5:06 am

Hello,

I don't quite understand the problem, are you saying that someone on another forum is threatening action to your forum, over someone else using his username?

Just so you know, we here are volunteers, and do ave to put our real, personal life before the integrity of this forum, someone will always help you, it's just we don't live here 24/7.
I was absent, having a break from the PC when you created the topic Wink
Please be patient.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario January 16th 2010, 6:05 am

Redheads rock please don't double post unless its been 24 hours from your last post.

If you don't mind re writing your question I will be able to help you better.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Redheads rock January 16th 2010, 11:55 am

I'll try and explain again.

I have a member who is an ex-junior Admin from another forumotion forum with the same subject base, this member has made accusations about the other forums Administrative activities, one being the use of multiple usernames promoting business. As we share the same subject base and members i feel this is of interest to our members. I myself now have received mail from the forum concerned threatening to have my forum closed down by forumotion or a lawyer.
So, i'm asking how forumotion suggest i deal with this issue as it is yourselves who i am being threatened with.
Redheads rock
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Hilm January 16th 2010, 9:00 pm

i still dont get it
Hilm
Forumember

Male Posts : 58
Language : english

http://www.totalsportingforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrickMaster January 16th 2010, 9:05 pm

Can you show us the e-mail you got from them?
BrickMaster
BrickMaster
Forumember

Male Posts : 253
Language : English, CSS, HTML

http://www.brick-builder.com

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper January 16th 2010, 10:38 pm

I will explain better to you with the facts, I had good reason to ban a (Jnr Admin Animalthebeast) who is also a member on here, from my forum, who then went and joined www.mybulgarianforum.com which is owned by the poster here, this particular member (Ex Admin Animalthebeast)then started to write some malicious stuff on the forum I have just mentioned about myself and others on my forum and also saying that my forum was connected with some of the businesses on my site, which is completely untrue, in addition to this the Admin of the above site has also allowed my (ex Admin Animalthebeast) of mine to publish my name and the names of others including company names on his site, which has also been bought to their attention one of them being the biggest expat magazine in Bulgaria, anyway once this had all been discovered, I asked him to remove the offending post I sent him an email which clearly said private and confidential, so he posted the email on his site, why is beyond me? anyway in the email which I could copy here but won't as it was private and confidential, I also said that if he didn't remove it I would report him to Forumotion and or I and others would take legal action against him for publishing private information and also implicating that my forum and several companies were in Collusion, now I have to say that one of the company directors on my site is presently involved in a serious court case across 3 countries which I can not say any more about on this forum, but you can imagine that being linked to a possible fraud case either for my forum or my members company's is not good.

I have spoken to all the people concerned who accusations have been made against on my forum by my (ex Admin Animalthebeast) and if I can resolve this they will take the matter no further however if not then they will take the Admin to court as he is the person responsible for all the actions on his forum as stated in TOS

Earlier today I was informed by one of the members of the above forum that there is now a post which is in-sighting violence against my members, I now have copies of all the posts as evidence, if required, can I also say that he has told his members that he has sent me an email but at this point in time I've not received anything, and as stated in my email to him if he doesn't remove the personal information and the names on the companies that are mentioned in the nonsense on his forum I will be hitting the report button.

Sorry its so long but it is a little complicated and I don't really think that this is the place to be discussing this matter which is why I haven't until now

Thank you Hello

Note added: I have received the email he said he sent me today which was sent on 16 January 2010 as stated, why I have only just received it I don't know?

Last edited by netsniper on January 19th 2010, 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1040

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario January 16th 2010, 10:40 pm

Redheads rock wrote:I'll try and explain again.

I have a member who is an ex-junior Admin from another forumotion forum with the same subject base, this member has made accusations about the other forums Administrative activities, one being the use of multiple usernames promoting business. As we share the same subject base and members i feel this is of interest to our members. I myself now have received mail from the forum concerned threatening to have my forum closed down by forumotion or a lawyer.
So, i'm asking how forumotion suggest i deal with this issue as it is yourselves who i am being threatened with.

Where are you getting this message from? Email? Admin Panel? Your Best bet if you did get a message from the Admin Panel is to contact Typlo.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper January 16th 2010, 10:43 pm

Hi MrMario I think our posts have just crossed it was I as stated above who sent the email to Redheads rock via the contact button making a request to him to remove the malicious posts

Can I also add that this matter didn't have to get to this point I am more than happy to work with Redheads rock and not against but its his choice

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper January 17th 2010, 6:53 pm

I have now reported this matter to Litigation as suggested so maybe now it's an official matter you may feel it should be closed here ?

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down