The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Widgets don't show on portal.

3 posters

Go down

Widgets don't show on portal. Empty Widgets don't show on portal.

Post by Kogle January 28th 2010, 11:06

The premade widget "Login" and the self-made widget I did wiht the HTML system doesn't show on portal no matter what I'm trying to do it seems Sad
Beside when I'm moving the "search" widget to basket or to right side of the screen it have no affection :S
*worked out because it was forum widgets Very Happy But the 2 mention above still don't work and calendar won't show on right side and how do I control the widgets on the portal?

Next to that I tried once having a site on forumsfree.org however I like this system way more except few things I can't get to work.
1: How can I create a color option box on the right side for people to use when posting and more colors than those there is?
2: The other site I could go to smilies and easy click "add a smily" and then choose from their server or wherever it was from, think they got them from the forums added to them so others could easily add those smilies to them, or you could add a smily from an url. Just like with avatars here. Is there any way I can do that with smilies too?

And a last thing. Think my forum might be bugged. And was from before I started editing it.
In preview it shows the table saying "Forum" that the table is blue e.g. and there is a gray border around each category and thats category's forums.
I like it without that blue table, but are very inetersted in getting that gray line Smile

Site: www.risenheroes.danskforum.net

Any help solving this would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Kogle
Kogle

Language : Denmark

Back to top Go down

Widgets don't show on portal. Empty Re: Widgets don't show on portal.

Post by Kogle January 30th 2010, 09:12

Bump
Kogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendo January 31st 2010, 06:50

Try taking a screen-shot and posting it up in this topic of your portal structure on your admin panel. Judging from that, I could probably figure out the problem.
Pendo
Pendo
Forumember

Male Posts : 217
Language : English

http://lorecraft.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk January 31st 2010, 08:48

Are you trying to show the widgets on every page or just the portal?

if you want the widgets on every page then you have to go to widget management and select yes for (display forum widgets) then hit save.

now if you only want them in the portal. then you have to go to portal structure and add the widgets there how you want them and hit save.

the portal and showing widgets through the whole forum are two different things and have to be set accordingly to how you want them.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pendo January 31st 2010, 10:14

Yes, you have to select 'Yes' on the spot labeled 'Display forum widgets:'
Also, change the Width Column 3 and Width Column 2 both to 180 pixels, and that should do it.
Pendo
Pendo
Forumember

Male Posts : 217
Language : English

http://lorecraft.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kogle January 31st 2010, 15:36

Well I would only like them to show on portal. Thats why i set it to "no" in the "display forum widgets".
Where is that portal structure you talk about?
Kogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kogle January 31st 2010, 15:41

Nvm above post. Sorted now.

Then I still wonder if this is possible?
1: How can I create a color option box on the right side for people to use when posting and more colors than those there is?
2: The other site I could go to smilies and easy click "add a smily" and then choose from their server or wherever it was from, think they got them from the forums added to them so others could easily add those smilies to them, or you could add a smily from an url. Just like with avatars here. Is there any way I can do that with smilies too?
Kogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kogle February 5th 2010, 09:02

Kogle wrote:Nvm above post. Sorted now.

Then I still wonder if this is possible?

Is this still possible somehow?

And another thing.
Beneath the banner is the site name (or so it is called in administartioon panel under general and configration) and I don't like the text there. Because, That text is there same that it showed when you enter index then the "where u went navigation panel" have the same name as site name instead of just calling first page home or index.
Can I split these 2 so they ain't connected or turn off site namer and still keep the other?
Kogle

Back to top Go down