The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNPAID FORUM I NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN

4 posters

Go down

UNPAID FORUM I NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN Empty UNPAID FORUM I NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN

Post by batmmannn February 8th 2010, 6:04 pm

I am the web designer of batrodz.com. I spent many hours building and customizing a forum for this guy. Once I had it finished he changed his passwords and locked me out. I have not been paid for my work. How do I get this forum shut down for non payment?? Thanks so much!

http://batrodz.forumotion.net/forum.htm
batmmannn
batmmannn
Forumember

Male Posts : 29
Language : English

Back to top Go down

UNPAID FORUM I NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN Empty Re: UNPAID FORUM I NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN

Post by kirk February 8th 2010, 6:13 pm

I don't know if you can. this is a deal between you and him.
You should have took some kind of payment before doing any work or made some kind of deal.

I mean this would be his word against yours and if there are no violations on his forum then i don't think forumotion can do anything about it.

I would try to pm luky and ask him if there is anything that can be done but once again this is a private matter between you and the admin and would have nothing to do with forumotion.

Unless you have proof you can submit stating you own the images or any content the forum was created with. if you have solid proof you own any such materials and he is not authorized to use them then he would be in violations of copyright infringement. but other then that i really do not know if there is much that can be done.

Actually if you do things like this you should create the board then when it's finished you can hand the forum over to him.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

UNPAID FORUM I NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN Empty Re: UNPAID FORUM I NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN

Post by Guest February 8th 2010, 7:28 pm

you had administrator account? Well then if you made changes to the forum (in categories) they would need to appear here administration panel=>General=>Security (that if you changed something in the category) "if you have solid proof you own any such materials and he is not authorized to use them then he would be in violations of copyright infringement ! "

more attention next time and take example from me : do some photos (print screens) from the control panel and a small copyright on the images or elsewhere!Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by batmmannn February 8th 2010, 9:55 pm

He has changed the administration password, I don't think I can get into the panel you are talking about. I deleted most of the images as I had linked them to my server instead of his in case this happened. I can get a screen shot of ot. I have all the files in psd and other formats to prove I built the site and own the images. He is being very foolish he has his wife calling me and harrassing me leaving nasty messages. I would like the forum deleted completely. My name is John Lee. My web address is http://www.scottlee.org. What do I do from here?

http://batrodz.forumotion.net/forum.htm

I reverted his front Web site page before he figured out how to lock me out of his server. He is not web savy, he thought by changing the passwords in the control panel he would safeguard his forum AND his website. I reverted his website partially back to before I started the forum it was the best I could do with the short amount of time I had. The Web address is http://www.batrodz.com
I can go there now and get screen shots of some images I might have left. The forum is still up but I have reverted the front page of his web site taking out the link to his forum back to the preforum layout. Oops looks like he went in and deleted everything he could from the forum I guess so he wouldn't have to pay me. I have plenty here though. I did take a screen shot showing 1000 views. OH well. At least he hasn't my forum now. Whats next?
batmmannn
batmmannn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk February 8th 2010, 10:23 pm

All you can do is report this to litigation's.
But i mean honestly what do you expect forumotion to do. this is not there deal and has nothing to do with the situation between what ever arrangement's you have had. Forumotion is a free forum host.So if people are going to charge others to set up there forums/create there forums then that is on the parties involved.

I mean hey i hear ya. I am sorry this person seemed to try to take your creation and did not pay you. but i mean you should have had a down payment or at least own the forum first as your own then when it's finished you could have just gave him the forum upon payment.

It's ridicules to think people will pay someone to create something that is other wise free and there are people out there actually charging for it.
Well there are suckers born everyday and i guess if someone is willing to pay for it then that's there stupidity.And it would also be foolish on your part to not have some sort of legal binding contract or down payment so that someone cant rip you off like this or vice verse. so yeah it's a lame situation.. but hey you said your self you have deleted all of the images from your server and so forth so then it looks like he don't get squat.. but now neither do you for all you time and effort you put into the place.So i would just leave it at that and let it be a learning experience for next time.Be sure you know how you are going to work it and everything is legal and secure for both you and any clients you may have.For all you know this person never had any intention of ever paying,plus being online.You have to know how to conduct business like this online and also have all legal aspects inplace to always make sure you cover your ass and things like this do not happen.

Or if you really want just report it tolitigation's.have as many details and fact's you can provide.Honestly there is no violations of the forum going on so forumotion would not get involved in any legal matters concerning payments of someone that created another free forumotion forum for someone for hire.

But this will be for them to decide.
So just report it.
https://www.forumotion.com/en/litigation/

i will leave this thread open if you would like to make one more reply. but after that it will be locked.This is not a forumotion support issue and will have to be dealt through litigation's..
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by 66batrod February 8th 2010, 11:31 pm

now scott tell the truth here!! this makes for good reading I guess I'll print it for my lawyer!! I am the guy who scott has pulled the forum from, the reason he was locked out was for starting fights!! be honest stop making me look like the bad guy, you are the problem and this shows me I was right!! tell them how you pulled the forum down, and how you changed my website around and then how I had to put my old site back up to get rid of you!! tell them the truth!! come on!! and tell them how I'm the one who has nothing for my money and batcycle kit. but headaches tell them the truth!! NO MORE LIES THERE SCOTT
66batrod

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by batmmannn February 9th 2010, 2:16 am

I am down 2K in work and you pulled your own site down. Yes give it to your Lawyer by all means. Your site was reverted back to the state at which it was when you stopped paying. A breach of trust was instituted by you, therefore I was no longer comfortable with any agreements that I entrusted you to keep. At that time I was owed payment and still am. Thank you for deleting the rest of the forum. Obviously this was done so you could make false claim as I see you are doing now, however you can continue to moan and groan all you want without payment the forum and any subsequent modifications to your website are gone into the mist. You had not earned nor payed for the right to have it. You had not kept our agreement and locked me out in complete violation of and agreed trust between us and no I was not starting any fights. The fact that you have deleted the entire forum is obviously substantial proof. You know well the truth of that so by all means take it to your Lawyer. You will have a very hard time making alterations or continuing the flow of the web site now without me. I think the email above from 66Batrod admits to holding my designed forum in unpaid status giving you, the moderators all you need to delete the forum. Please do so for me. I think you can see very well and as you might have experienced yourselves as web designers before that I am a designer that is being taken advantage of. Its nice to see what you are truly willing to lie about Jim. I certainly made the right choice. At the right time.
batmmannn
batmmannn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa February 9th 2010, 2:27 am

Ok Guys, Please use the PM feature to discuss this any further if you would like to try and resolve this issue amicably , as turning this topic into a public debate will get you both no where fast. UNPAID FORUM I NEED TO SHUT IT DOWN Ohwell

Since staff has already instructed you on which path to take for further evaluation of this problem with the Administrator of Forumotion via the litigation link. I will therefore lock this topic before it escalates any further into an argumentative state. Wink

=> Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down