The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some normal users able to see mod-only info?

2 posters

Go down

Some normal users able to see mod-only info? Empty Some normal users able to see mod-only info?

Post by JVCA Sat Feb 20 2010, 01:44

We're having a problem at the moment where some (not all - my mule account I use to check these things can't) members are able to see mod only info like who's hidden, and see the mod comments field - as well as edit their own (which is disturbing for us as we use that to keep a record of warnings we have given people). Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, or is there anyone with the same problem?

Our forum is http://cosplaynewzealand.forumotion.com

We suspect it might have something to do with groups (I signed my mule up to one of the same groups as an affected user and it WAS able to see the fields, though now it can't, despite still being in the same group), but we're not sure.

This is a big security issue for us, so we're really hoping someone on is able to help us. Sad
JVCA

Female Posts : 15
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Some normal users able to see mod-only info? Empty Re: Some normal users able to see mod-only info?

Post by MrMario Sat Feb 20 2010, 06:11

My guess is that you added your group to have moderation powers which gives them that option to see.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down