The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rok needs some help with changing link text color and alternating text links

4 posters

Go down

Solved Rok needs some help with changing link text color and alternating text links

Post by Rok February 26th 2010, 1:57 am

On forumansion.com, you can see the little mini-toolbar that's in a fixed position in the bottom-left point of the forum index. I was wanting to know two things.

1. How can I change the href link color from that tealish gray color to a #ffffff white color?
    I've already tried several ways to get the href link color to be white by using <span decorations, a:link CSS tags, etc. However, I cannot find a possible way to get that link color to change from teal to white.

2. I've been searching and searching and searching, and I cannot find any accurate javascript text link ROTATION scripts. By 'javascript text link rotation', I mean like a script that alternates text links via each page refresh. I couldn't find anything when I went browsing on some search engines.

Last edited by Rok on March 1st 2010, 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Male Posts : 6823
Language : idk

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rok needs some help with changing link text color and alternating text links

Post by kirk February 26th 2010, 2:14 am

where is this mini toolbar? i dont see anything all i see is that in line adds thing at the bottom left?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Rok needs some help with changing link text color and alternating text links

Post by Rok February 26th 2010, 2:17 am

Yeah, the Inline Ads thingy.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk February 26th 2010, 4:54 am

Rok wrote:Yeah, the Inline Ads thingy.

OH i would think you change the color in the code you have for it.
check out and see if there's something in there for color. if not send me the code and i will see if i can add it in there for you.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Infectious February 26th 2010, 5:19 am

What about this?

<a href="http://www.forumansion.com/forumansion-related-f38/inline-ads-do-you-want-it-t7857.htm#100528" class="white" title="Click here to give your opinion on this upcoming service!"><span style="">Want this service?</span></a>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
a.white:link {color: #000000; text-decoration: underline; }
a.white:active {color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline; }
a.white:visited {color: #008000; text-decoration: underline; }
a.white:hover {color: #ff0000; text-decoration: none; }
-->
</style>

just some random colours... just tell me if I'm totally wrong xD just my thoughts ;O
Infectious
Forumember

Male Posts : 33
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok February 26th 2010, 5:25 am

Oh my God! It works, haha. Thanks so much, Infectionous! I feel so stupid because I used that same CSS, except I placed it in my stylesheet for my forum instead of my forum's homepage message, haha. Thanks once again!

Now all I need is a text link alternator/randomizer, and then I'm all good.
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Rok March 1st 2010, 4:57 am

Alrighty, this is solved. Smile
Rok
Rok
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by RoNo March 1st 2010, 7:11 am

Rok needs some help with changing link text color and alternating text links Fmhelp-1

As stated... this topic is solved.
LockedRok needs some help with changing link text color and alternating text links Lock2RoNo
RoNo
RoNo
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1270
Language : English

http://bf2mercenaries.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down