The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hospital blocking our site

4 posters

Go down

Solved Hospital blocking our site

Post by Kalliopi March 4th 2010, 9:23 pm

One of our regular posters has been in hospital for two months, no idea what is wrong with him. He has twice got messages posted on our forum, via another member, to complain that the although the hospital provides, a paid for by the patient, internet service, it will not allow him to access our forum.

He has been asking us to see if we can get it sorted. Our forum is for our local town in England and the hospital is about 8 miles away. I realise we can't expect Forumotion to help, but just wondered what other peoples experiences (if any) or opinions of things like this are.

Is this block likely to be on all Forumotion forums or just ours?

Is it likely to be just an inadvertent side effect of some software the hospital IT department uses?

Is this anyway likely to be connected to the fact that Forumotion forums can't be accessed by mobile phone? ( member is NOT using a mobile phone)

I have a day off work tomorrow, is it worth my time trying to get hold of someone from their IT department by phone to ask if they can rectify this, or will this be a waste of my time?
Hospital blocking our site Icr5li

Last edited by Kalliopi on March 24th 2010, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To mark solved)
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Hospital blocking our site

Post by MrMario March 4th 2010, 11:03 pm

It sounds like the Hospital has Forumotion blocked so there isn't much that we can do to get him though. You could try using a proxy site but I don't recommend that. Not sure if the IT people will do anything but you can always try.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 5th 2010, 3:57 am

i would complain to the hospital and tell them.
he should say he is paying for a service and can not get on the site he wishes to.If they cant provide him with the service he is paying for? then he should ask for his money back or tell them we will not pay one penny for service he did not get.

but thats about all he can do is complain to the hospital. forumotion has no control over what they may allow or disallow.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi March 5th 2010, 11:35 pm

Thanks for your input guys. I only ended up making three calls today, the IT guys at the hospital can see my forum fine, but this is not the system used by the patients. That is outsourced to a media company,
I called them & was told to call head office. Some one on switchboard at H/O accidentally put me through to one of the directors, so I went all the way to the top. Wink

The director told me that the most likely cause is that someone saw a Forumotion forum (unlikely to be mine) & didn't like the content.

He is passing this to the IT department & has taken my e-mail addy & assured me someone will get back to me within a few days.

I don't think all Forumotion forms should be punished, if this is the case, for one. If they won't give the permissions, if necessary, I will ask them to name names. Myself & my fella are joint admins, what if one of us had a stay in hospital? We would be most annoyed if we couldn't access our own forum, so I don't just want it resolved for our member who is in hospital now. ALSO, presumably no Forumotion forum can be accessed in the UK from any hospital!

If this thread is kept open I will update as soon as hear back from the hospital media company.

Watch this space.......
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi March 24th 2010, 11:14 pm

I heard back from the hospital media suppliers within three days, they told me it was unblocked. Smile Our member has not been back on the forum since, so I couldn't get it confirmed. However we now have another member in hospital, they are dropping like flies.Hospital blocking our site 333k5jn She has posted tonight on our forum from the hospital, so it is fixed.

Result!!
Hospital blocking our site 35879qa

Presumably all Forumotion forums can now be posted on from UK hospitals that are using Hospedia media services (and I think that is most of them)
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 25th 2010, 4:39 am

Since this thread is marked solved, I will lock this thread.
Hospital blocking our site 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down