The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxes below the main buttons and above forums?

4 posters

Go down

Boxes below the main buttons and above forums? Empty Boxes below the main buttons and above forums?

Post by Oreias March 9th 2010, 1:23 pm

I'd like to have a three piece table box info below the main buttons menu but without having to activate the rest of the widgets. Is that possible? I'd like to use this code if possible:

Code:
<table width="92%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" align="center" class="bordercolor">
<tr>
<td class="titlebg" width="100%" colspan="3" height="30" align="center">
<font size=2><b>Table Title</B></font>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="20%" class="windowbg2" vAlign="top">
<font size=2>Contents of Left Box</font>
</td>
<td width="60%" class="windowbg" vAlign="top">
<font size=2>Contents of Center Box</font>
</td>
<td width="20%" class="windowbg2" vAlign="top">
<font size=2>Contents of Right Box</font>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

If it is possible, where do I put it?
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Female Posts : 36
Language : Swedish or English

Back to top Go down

Boxes below the main buttons and above forums? Empty Re: Boxes below the main buttons and above forums?

Post by Cool-processor March 9th 2010, 6:03 pm

yes it is
you can also use that
Code:
<table width="100%" border="1" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="5">
  <tr>
    <td width="31">&nbsp;</td>
    <td width="284">&nbsp;</td>
    <td width="31">&nbsp;</td>
    <td width="279">&nbsp;</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
  </tr>
</table>

you need to place it at the forums decription with the name
Code:
&nbsp;
Cool-processor
Cool-processor
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Language : HTML | CSS/3 | JQuery

http://www.creative-labz.com

Back to top Go down

Boxes below the main buttons and above forums? Empty Re: Boxes below the main buttons and above forums?

Post by sn1p3me March 9th 2010, 6:15 pm

sorry i dont understand, wer you mean in the forum description? were would that be?
sn1p3me

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 9th 2010, 8:04 pm

The name &nbsp; ?? Where is that? o.O;
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool-processor March 10th 2010, 12:50 pm

admin panel>forums & cat>new forum>Set as name &nbsp; and add that code to the Description.
Cool-processor
Cool-processor
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Language : HTML | CSS/3 | JQuery

http://www.creative-labz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 10th 2010, 5:47 pm

Yeah umh... ok, that's not working... :\ Besides... I want it to show across all the "views, threads" etc etc.. I don't want that to show at all in fact. Not even the titles of them. I want the news forum (that this will be) to show on its own as well as I want everything centered. :\ *Scratches head* This is so confusing.

http://camarilla.nightforum.net
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 11th 2010, 2:19 am

Ok now.. I've created a HTML page which is here: http://camarilla.nightforum.net/Rullande-Nyheter-h1.html I want this page, to show BELOW the buttons but ABOVE the actual forums, is this possible? Where do I put this code in? When I tried the way above, all that happened was that I got tables inside a forum description instead of a name of a forum.. meaning - not the way I had hoped. Of course I don't want to have to use the header and footer like this either, but imagine this page, but with the forums below the news and all, and above the links in the footer. You follow? Smile

Can someone help me please?

My forum: http://camarilla.nightforum.net
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 20th 2010, 10:12 pm

Can anyone please help with this?
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 20th 2010, 11:31 pm

Hello,

I can have a try with this if you'd like, but it can't be done via CSS, or made like a forum, which is what Cool-Processor is trying to do.

Is your forum version phpbb2? (This can also be done one punbb, but if your forum is phpbb2 it would be best to not change as it's done on phpbb2 just as easy)
Also, do you want it to show to everyone when their logged in & as a guest or to members or just guests only?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 20th 2010, 11:37 pm

You know, I have NO idea what my forum is lol but I made it like 2 months ago or something here on forumotion so... if that helps? o.O;

I'm game for about anything really, as long as it looks like I want it like on that link I provided and that the forums are below the news (and above the bottom links)

I'd say...ermh... if possible, could I have an option to have yes or no to show for guests or not? >< lol! if not, then I'd say let it show all together for everybody. Also, let the ads be below the news and above the forum if that's possible. (I'd really like to have the ads above the actual banner but... bleh.. dunno how ><

Thank you for wanting to help me with this! Very Happy
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 20th 2010, 11:55 pm

Thanks for the reply Smile

To find your forum version: Admin panel >> Display ( Tab ) >> Choose a theme > Version. Yours would be either pbpbb3 or phpbb2 -> By the looks of it, it is a phpbb2, I'm just after clarification Smile

mwii A box to show will require a bit of work to do as I'm not all that great with phpbb2, but I can give it a shot.

Could I get the code your using for the HTML page and I'll do my best for do it
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 21st 2010, 12:17 am

It's version phpBB3 (prosilver) on my forum ^^

thank you so much for helping me with this! Very Happy
Just make it so I can edit it on my own too with the news and all afterwards heh.. I need to be able to do that so.. if you can, do one for dummies so I know what to do and where? lol! php isn't my strong side >< a bit of css and html is all o.O;

Here's the code I'm using ^^
Code:
<td width="30"></td>
<td width="150" class="windowbg2" vAlign="top">
<font size=2>
<b>Medhjälpare</b>

<br><br>
<font size="1">
<u><B>Styrelse</u></b>
<br>
<a href="http://camarilla.nightforum.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=15">Ellinor</a> (Greta Ståhl)
<br>
<a href="http://camarilla.nightforum.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=12">Jonatan (Kristian Caitiff)</a>
<br>
<a href=#>#</a>
<br>
<a href=#>#</a>

<br>
<a href=#>#</a>
<br>
<br>

<u><B>Spelledare</u></b>
<br>
<a href="http://camarilla.nightforum.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=18">Joel  (Lohmann)</a>
<br>
<a href="http://camarilla.nightforum.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=6">Nefilim</a> (David/Sasha)
<br>
<a href="http://camarilla.nightforum.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=19">Sandra</a> (Engelike)

<br>
<a href="#">Olof</a> (Lucas Gray)

</font>
</td>
<td width="400" class="windowbg" vAlign="top">
<font size="2"><center><b>Rullande Nyheter</b></font><br>
<font size=1>

<marquee direction="up" scrollamount="1" onmouseover="stop();" onmouseout="start();"><p align="justify">

<!--OM DU VILL KODA NYHETERNA-->
<!-- för att göra ett radbryt skriv in BR med taggar runt, lägg två i rad för att få ett nytt stycke - för att få fet text, sätt ett B i taggar, snetext sätt ett I i taggar och understruken text sätt ett U i taggar. Avsluta alla med /b /i eller /u i taggar för att stänga dem och sätt text mellan dem-->
<b> </b>  <i> </i>  <u> </u>

<!-------NYHETER NEDANFÖR - Rör EJ något ovanför!------->

Nyheter kommer att scrollas här så småning om. Lite coolare att ha dem så här också! Än så länge är inte detta forum klart och det jobbas på med färger osv. Så ha lite tålamod med det så kommer det att bli bra så fort som möjligt! :)

<!-------NYHETER OVANFÖR - Rör EJ något under!------->
</p>
</marquee>
</font>
</td>

<td width="20"></td>

<td width="150" class="windowbg2" vAlign="top">
<font size=2><b>Primogener</b>
<br>
<font size="1">
Brujah - Samuel Cruz
<br>
Gangrel - Calev Benizon
<br>
Malkav -
<br>
Nosferatu - Runa Tessin
<br>
Toreador -
<br>
Tremere -

<br>
Ventrue - Alice
<br>

</font>
</td>
</tr>
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 21st 2010, 12:21 am

CSS & HTML is all you need to know Smile
Here in forumotion we don't use php ... well, we don't use real php, it's all customized lol
We use SITU coding, which is home made coding by the Techies themselves.

Ouch >!< , it isn't possible to do it via phpbb3
We can do it via phpbb2 or punbb, as they have template editing enabled but phpbb3 doesn't have template editing which mean's we cant do it.

The only other thing you can really do, is make a forum above all other forums but that's no where near where you want it
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 21st 2010, 12:26 am

man.. this sucks TT and I worked SO hard for this too... *sigh*

But.. if I do make a forum like that ... can I make it so the views and stuff doesn't show up, and can I make it so the news go all the way across? is that possible?
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 21st 2010, 12:32 am

No, sorry you cant do that to just 1 forum, it has to be done for all forum, or no forums.

I don't know what the CSS code for that would be, but I do know there is one.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Oreias March 21st 2010, 12:55 am

well CRAP!... because I only want it on one Sad *big pout* darned it and my ideas lol!
Oreias
Oreias
Forumember

Back to top Go down