The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guest Posts - Confirmation Codes problems

3 posters

Go down

Guest Posts - Confirmation Codes problems Empty Guest Posts - Confirmation Codes problems

Post by slanzerio April 22nd 2010, 2:23 pm

Is there anyway to take off having to enter a confirmation code when a guest posts? If not is there anyway of simplifying it? Basically when a guest posts a confirmation code pops up before allowing the comments to post. More often then not people are having a hard time figuring out if a letter is small or large case - they enter wrong - it goes right back to enter the message/comments. You lose everything you commented on. I'd like to take the confirmation code off or simplify it.

Thank you!
slanzerio

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Guest Posts - Confirmation Codes problems Empty Re: Guest Posts - Confirmation Codes problems

Post by Maki1 April 22nd 2010, 2:33 pm

Hello,

are you talking when they register on your forum and they see the confirmation code, or is something else Question
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Guest Posts - Confirmation Codes problems Empty Re: Guest Posts - Confirmation Codes problems

Post by slanzerio April 22nd 2010, 2:44 pm

No it's not when they register. I allow unregistered users "Guest(s)" post. Some people do not want to register so I allow them to post as a "Guest". After they type a post - hit send - another screen asks them to enter a "Confirmation Code" - it is case sensitive. Sometimes it will even take me several times to get the code right. I've learned to copy and paste in a word document what I post as a guest. If you don't get the confirmation code correct you lose everything - So if I screw up and don't get the confirmation code correctly I don't have to remember and retype everything I posted.

I just want to make it easier for a guest to post without any confirmation code or changing it to a better format.
slanzerio

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 22nd 2010, 5:53 pm

Nopes, that cannot be avoided.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down