The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum not working in IE7 but is Firefox

3 posters

Go down

Forum not working in IE7 but is Firefox Empty Forum not working in IE7 but is Firefox

Post by WitchysHeart April 25th 2010, 10:30 am

Hello,
I'm here here and i have created my forum with firefox, then one of my assistants joined the group and she is using IE. We are planning to open the group for everyone on May 1st. We are moving from another hosting site to here, so we will have all our members. I am not sure how many use IE. But I hope the problem can be fixed before then. What I am seeing in Firefox is completely different than what I have seen in IE. I wouldn't have known about it, if it wasn't for the friend.

If you click on this here....
http://wyckedtaboopsp.aforumfree.com/read-sign-the-rules-f2/read-and-sign-the-rules-t52.htm

Use IE to see it, and the posts aren't below like it should be in normally. I see them below in firefox and they are on the sides half cut off on IE.

Please tell me you can help me fix this. I am still learning how to do this, and not sure what i messed up. But I do not see what I could have since it looks correct in Firefox.

I am going to have alot of mad members when i let them in. I can't tell them all to get firefox.

Thanks!
WitchysHeart

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Forum not working in IE7 but is Firefox Empty Re: Forum not working in IE7 but is Firefox

Post by Sanket April 25th 2010, 10:35 am

It requires login.

Also, IE does have issues. There is nothing that could be really done to make it compatible with IE. Its an outdated browser. Try updating to the latest version of IE to see if it sorts the problem.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forum not working in IE7 but is Firefox Empty Re: Forum not working in IE7 but is Firefox

Post by HBX210 April 25th 2010, 8:57 pm

There has been alot of problems with phpBB3 being compatible.

I run a outside-forumotion forum that WAS phpBB3 and members were complaining that it wouldn't properly display in Internet Explorer 7,8 AND 9, so we decided to change

My personal recommendation is to change to Firefox, Safari or Chrome.
HBX210
HBX210
Forumember

Male Posts : 163
Language : Forumotion Helper

http://wiffy.forumotion.co.nz

Back to top Go down