The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Login screen

3 posters

Go down

Login screen Empty Login screen

Post by asmo420 May 6th 2010, 6:02 am

I have looked around a little and could not figure where to post this so sorry if it's in the wrong section.

I would like to create a blank login screen that asks for user name and Pw yet have not been able to figure out how to do this. Any and all help is greatly appreciated and very warmly welcomed.

If i need to include more info please tell me what it is as i am at a loss as to what to post to get me help faster.

Thank you for your time

Very best regards,

Asmo
asmo420

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Login screen Empty Re: Login screen

Post by bonzo May 6th 2010, 6:41 am

depending on what forum layout you chose if you chose a custom one.
most of them have a log in/log out button far right.
I don't quite understand though
bonzo
Forumember

Language : enlish

Back to top Go down

Login screen Empty Thank you so much for the reply (sorry a lil late responding back)

Post by asmo420 May 14th 2010, 8:38 pm

Hello and thanks,

Ok here is the deal, I have a freeforum for an alliance i run on EVONY. I need to make it so i have no guest viewing (unless you log with a password you cant see anything, then if you do login you see the forums and everything in it) this what i want.

Reason: We are Always dealing with ppl researching us and it has become hard to maintain a secure relatively unknown profile, so we are in need of high security for our Alliance.

I don't understand if i need to turn something off so i have no guests that can come to the page and see what were planning to do to them!

I dont understand how to be more clear on this either (grr hate when i dont know stuff) here goes.

So again, as it is now, people that have not signed up for the forum can come and and see all the topics were talking about and click the links and see what i dont want them to see. So i need it so people that come to the site to sign up but they cant see everything. I want them to just see a register here button beneath a login & password box. That way i can make sure that the 20 ppl i want to see that site are the only ones that can see all the data there. Not some guy looking for our site finding it and exploiting the site to others with all out data.

I hope this was clearer here is my site & details:

URL: http://dafallen.roflforum.net/

TYPE: phpBB3 (prosilver)

Very Best Regards,

AMSO

P.S. I have it set to holiday mode so no one can see anything (but neither can new or current members)
Again when i have it off holiday every one can see it, if i need to turn it on for some help i will just let me know i need to.
asmo420

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Login screen Empty Re: Login screen

Post by MrMario May 14th 2010, 11:43 pm

Just uncheak all your permissions for categories and forum's

Admin Panel // General // Category & Forum // Permissions // Uncheck read and view // Save

Do this for all the sections.

Once you do that go to User & Groups // Special Rights // Click Drop Down Box and click Member // Save

Do this for everything.

Guest will not be able to see anything of the forum but the login screen
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down