The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All members, mods and admin banned

2 posters

Go down

Solved All members, mods and admin banned

Post by Ambersuz May 9th 2010, 7:36 pm

Apparently all my members were banned yet when I go into the ACP there is no record of it. My co-admin has unbanned them all now but threads etc have also been removed so I may have to do a system restore but before I do this can anyone explain what has happened please? I have complained in the past to the moderators here that we have had problems with hackers but none of you have replied.

This is the thread showing members complaints about being banned:-

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/main-maddie-thread-latest-news-f1/banned-and-now-un-banned-t10401.htm
Ambersuz
Ambersuz
Forumember

Female Posts : 97
Language : English & Spanish

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: All members, mods and admin banned

Post by kirk May 9th 2010, 8:36 pm

if you have hackers then i would change all your passwords and may be even the forum link.. if members staff etc were banned. then it should be in your logs.. if it's not in your logs then the logs were cleared.

if the logs were cleared then this means it was another admin. or if you have a hacker. if you had a hacker they would change everything and you would not be even able to get into your forums acp unless they are just using another one of your admins accounts.. so i would take a look at your admins to make sure they are not doing any of this.. if you want to restore your forum go head. but if the post were deleted then you will not be able to recover them .you can only recover post that were pruned and or sent to the basket.

if you think it's mods banning them then remove the mods permissions to ban..but like i said all of this should be in your security logs and if another admin has cleared them then i dont think there is no way to know who exactly may have done all this.. you can always have admins as the ranks just dont give them full admin powers until you can determine what exactly is going on.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambersuz May 9th 2010, 9:14 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Kirk Smile

The logs havent been cleared though as there was activity on Sat 8 May 2010 - 18:57 and then today but nothing in between to show this mass ban of all the members.

Can these logs be cleared one by one?
Ambersuz
Ambersuz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambersuz May 9th 2010, 9:34 pm

I found the hacker. It was using a moderators account using the IP that has hacked into users accounts in the past.

This topic can now be locked. Thanks for your help.
Ambersuz
Ambersuz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 9th 2010, 9:50 pm

Actually it appears that you can no longer clear the logs?
i think i was getting mixed up with my phpbb paid board. i thought admins can clear the logs but it appears that you no longer can ?. strange?

but all banned members and the person who banned them will appear in the moderation log on the security page right next to the admin logs.

this will also show any staff members in the mod or admin group if post were deleted.. it will say who did it and a post was deleted.. be sure to go through the pages and just take a look.. i dont see any way of clearing the logs.. unless the forum was restored back to a previous date but i dont know if that would do it either.. I'll have to find out. i am a lil confused because i could have sworn admins could clear the logs.. but one again i may be getting it mixed up with my paid phpbb board.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 9th 2010, 9:53 pm

Ambersuz wrote:I found the hacker. It was using a moderators account using the IP that has hacked into users accounts in the past.

This topic can now be locked. Thanks for your help.

well i would be sure to tell that mod to change his pass.. or delete the account and let him register with a different one.
or if they are no longer staff. then just delete the account.. seems a lil fishy to me?

Anyway since it was requested the topic can be locked. i will now mark as solved and lock the topic.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down