The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linking headings within long post, help required

Go down

Linking headings within long post, help required Empty Linking headings within long post, help required

Post by andrew2104 May 22nd 2010, 11:49 am

Hello All

I would like to find out whether it is possible to link headings within long post. In our new forum members are likely to have very long posts with several headings and so to allow the reader to easily navigate through the post I would like to create a links to each subject heading. I have attempted to do this in the following way:

[jumpto] tag allows you to jump to another location within a post, usually used for long posts with headings and/or sections of interest. This tag must be used in conjunction with the [aname] tag. One is not functional without the other.

Usage [jumpto=Option]value[/jumpto]
Example Usage [jumpto=Stats]Stats Explanation[/jumpto]
Example Output Stats Explanation (this should be a link)

[aname] tag is used in conjunction with the [jumpto] tag. One is not functional without the other.

Usage [aname=Option]value[/aname]
Example Usage [aname=Stats]Stats Explanation[/aname]
Example Output Stats Explanation (this would be the heading)

The above does not work. Perhaps I am using the code in the wrong way or I have missed something or I need to enable something in Admin or this simply does not work in forumotion, can somebody please advise. If the above can not be used can you please tell me how I can achieve the desired outcome.

Thanks in advance, help and advice is much appreciated.
andrew2104

Language : english

Back to top Go down