The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Send Private Message to all members

+11
Clug
E-Mark
KingOfSports
Caihlem
phantominoid
Cool-processor
Rianna Lauren
CraZyWolf
sun light
Dumbledore27
Maki1
15 posters

Go down

Do you like this idea

Send Private Message to all members Left1179%Send Private Message to all members Right11 79% 
[ 22 ]
Send Private Message to all members Left1121%Send Private Message to all members Right11 21% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

Send Private Message to all members Empty Send Private Message to all members

Post by Maki1 May 30th 2010, 3:15 pm

Hi all! Smile

I think this will be very helpful to all ''Forum Owners'' to send Private Message from ACP to all forum members for Example: if you have something important you want to say and your forum have many members and it will take you a lot of time to send them all the Private Message, But if we have a option to ACP so we can send Private Message to all our members it will help us a lot...instead of doing it one by one.

Now I have add Poll so Please vote Smile

Thanks,
BlueSky
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Send Private Message to all members Empty Re: Send Private Message to all members

Post by Dumbledore27 May 30th 2010, 3:31 pm

Yes. Some people have "Members" group, but for some people without it, it would be very useful. Voted yes. Wink
Dumbledore27
Forumember

Male Posts : 632
Language : Online
Location : Error 403 - You do not have the permission to view this item's value

Back to top Go down

Send Private Message to all members Empty Re: Send Private Message to all members

Post by sun light May 30th 2010, 11:11 pm

I think you can already do that if you put all members in a group.
sun light

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumbledore27 May 31st 2010, 1:22 pm

sun light wrote:I think you can already do that if you put all members in a group.
That's what I said, but some people don't want to have those groups. Like my cousin.
Dumbledore27
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by CraZyWolf June 2nd 2010, 11:25 am

i think its cool idea
CraZyWolf
CraZyWolf
Forumember

Male Posts : 562
Language : HTML || CSS (learning) || Graphic Design ... can u guys stop sending me pms about gfx request cuz im not staff here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 June 2nd 2010, 3:25 pm

sun light wrote:I think you can already do that if you put all members in a group.

Yes I have a Members Groups but still not able to send pm to all members
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren June 2nd 2010, 5:34 pm

You can do it when you put the members in one group, and it's not that hard to do - it's not like you gotta put them in one by one anyway xD So, no...

(And why can't you mass PM your members if they are in one group already? o_o There's an option for that in the message editor...)
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Forumember

Female Posts : 288
Language : English, Indonesian

http://belgianreporter.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 June 2nd 2010, 5:58 pm

Rianna Lauren wrote:
(And why can't you mass PM your members if they are in one group already? o_o There's an option for that in the message editor...)

I'm going crazy I really want to know that option so I can send pm to all members could you please explain more...
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool-processor June 2nd 2010, 5:59 pm

I dont want this it will be great opportunity for spammers.

No
Cool-processor
Cool-processor
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Language : HTML | CSS/3 | JQuery

http://www.creative-labz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren June 2nd 2010, 6:01 pm

Ahahahah xD Okay, so you go to your inbox, and then click the "New PM" button. Then, from the top, you'll see the field "Username". Then below it, a field "Or a friend" that lets you choose from a list of profile friends. Then below it, a field "Or a usergroup" that lets you choose a group to send the message to. Click Members, type your message, send! Very Happy
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by phantominoid June 2nd 2010, 9:14 pm

i say yes
phantominoid

Language : english,swedish,arabic,french,tunisian,a bit german

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 June 2nd 2010, 10:59 pm

Cool-processor wrote:I dont want this it will be great opportunity for spammers.

No

You don't know what are you talking about.

Rianna Lauren wrote:Ahahahah xD Okay, so you go to your inbox, and then click the "New PM" button. Then, from the top, you'll see the field "Username". Then below it, a field "Or a friend" that lets you choose from a list of profile friends. Then below it, a field "Or a usergroup" that lets you choose a group to send the message to. Click Members, type your message, send! Very Happy

Thank you Rianna Lauren, Smile

this can be locked now since there is a option for this Wink
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem June 3rd 2010, 12:50 am

BlueSky:
What's to prevent me, a spammer, from sending in one go a "private message to all members" and have a very decent amount of spam done in minimum time?

All because Cool-Processor (Linus Lol) doesn't agree with you doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's one about Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfSports June 3rd 2010, 12:54 am

BlueSky means that only Admins would be able to mass PM members...therefore, there is zero chance of a spammer sending everyone a PM.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by E-Mark June 3rd 2010, 2:15 am

As KingOfSports said
BlueSky means that only Admins would be able to mass PM members...therefore, there is zero chance of a spammer sending everyone a PM.

So this will not cause any spam . So Agree !!
E-Mark
E-Mark
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1412

http://coding-spot.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 June 3rd 2010, 3:39 am

Caihlem wrote:BlueSky:
What's to prevent me, a spammer, from sending in one go a "private message to all members" and have a very decent amount of spam done in minimum time?

All because Cool-Processor (Linus Lol) doesn't agree with you doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's one about Wink

Hello, Caihlem

What I'm trying to say here is that so only the founders can send "private message to all members" and No other pll.

KingOfSports get the point here Wink
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren June 3rd 2010, 3:47 am

Oh - ALL members get to send PMs to ALL member? O_O That's be a golden spam opportunity! Razz
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Mark June 3rd 2010, 6:16 am

Rianna Lauren wrote:Oh - ALL members get to send PMs to ALL member? O_O That's be a golden spam opportunity! Razz

Hello , Rianna Lauren
As what KingOfSports said ,

This is the right point that the "Thread Starter" saying .
E-Mark
E-Mark
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1412

http://coding-spot.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rianna Lauren June 3rd 2010, 1:58 pm

Sooooooo... Other usegroups, you mean? xD BlueSky you gotta be specific, lol. You said "No other pll" (I assumed you meant "No other ppl") but you didn't mention who other people is. xDDDDDDDD

Sorry. Got confused. Smile
Rianna Lauren
Rianna Lauren
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Clug June 6th 2010, 4:36 am

Do you know what I'm thinking? Thats why we have newsletters Wink

NO.
Clug
Clug
Forumember

Male Posts : 425

http://lbtproductionz.forumsmusic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dumbledore27 July 16th 2010, 4:05 pm

This has been already suggested by Luky here.

I guess this shall be locked now. Wink
Dumbledore27
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TaylorTransplant March 9th 2011, 5:28 am

Since I am so very new here, I probably should keep my mouth shut... But
Non-forumotion boards that I have seen allow the members to designate in their profile whether or not to allow other group members to send PM's to them.
Personally I think only forum admins should be able to send mass PM's. Perhaps if a group member (not an admin) wishes to announce something (enmass) they can send to admin for approval and the admin can send it out. That way your group isn't annoyed with you (the admin) because someone sent out an invite to join the latest multi-level marketing program.

Just my two cents.
TaylorTransplant

Female Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 15th 2011, 5:29 pm

I am voting YES on the assumption that you mean for Administrator use only, as that might prove very useful, to use as an alternative to sending circular Email to all members.
(Wouldn't want anyone else to be able to PM all my members on mass)

Cas

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric x3 xD January 15th 2013, 12:22 am

I agree with this.
Eric x3 xD

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by KingAdam January 15th 2013, 3:30 am

It's already possible for Forum Owners to send out PM's to all their members. As for members spamming others, that's a terrible idea. If it's important enough, just ask one of the staff to forward it to everyone.
Requesting Lock on this thread.
KingAdam
Forumember

Male Posts : 46
Language : Photoshop CS5, English, Arabic, and Spanish

http://CZUniverse.Forumotion.com // Pink.Forum.com.bz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 9th 2014, 5:17 pm

I believe there's already an option for this.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down