The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HTML pages to certain member groups only

2 posters

Go down

HTML pages to certain member groups only Empty HTML pages to certain member groups only

Post by elbereth August 13th 2010, 9:37 pm

Hello all,

I was wondering if it was possible to set HTML pages to be accessible for certain member groups only.
I've had a lot of problems in people copying or stealing the information on my forum when it was public, and so I was forced to move all information to a forum itself and set the permissions for it. This greatly cluttered my site though, and I'd like to reverse this.
I know there are codes to make pages only accessible from specific URL's, but these filters can still be avoided, so is there a set way to make HTML pages only viewable by members, and of specific groups in particular?

Thanks for all your help in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
El

elbereth

Language : English

Back to top Go down

HTML pages to certain member groups only Empty Re: HTML pages to certain member groups only

Post by MrMario August 14th 2010, 1:28 am

Sorry nope.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

HTML pages to certain member groups only Empty Re: HTML pages to certain member groups only

Post by elbereth August 14th 2010, 1:48 am

Oh, well.., his puts a dent in my plans. Thanks for the quick reply, and maybe I will be finding another way to work around this problem.
elbereth

Language : English

Back to top Go down