The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will be leaving Forumotion

+3
ConsoleElosnoc
Cornelia
Nessa
7 posters

Go down

I will be leaving Forumotion Empty I will be leaving Forumotion

Post by Guest October 6th 2007, 2:53 am

Since my topic ( https://help.forumotion.com/Garbage-f4/phpbb-3-t6007.htm#40206 ) was locked because of the remarks I made (The topic was left open the whole time before I posted) and reading the post of the person who locked it:

You will have a answer to all these questions probably very soon, but not here !! This has nothing to do with general discussion. If something doesn't work properly, or if you have a problem, questions will have to be posted in the support section of that forum.

Locked subject !

Why isn't it a general discussion subject? It is very clearly a general discussion. Take the first word "General" it is a term to cover many subjects. The title of the post was PHPBB3. So we were "generally" speaking of PHBB3.

I feel this is censorship for locking the post and then moving it to the Garbage forum. I have promoted Forumotion to other people I know wanting to start a site. I have tried to help many people with problems on their sites. I feel as though I have been slapped in the face for my efforts.

All the paid points in my site expire in March of 2008, so it will be then I leave. I will be on this site less then I am normally. I had a wonderful time here and met many great people.

The decision is not just based on the topic being unfairly locked, but the lack of what I firmly believe in my heart, is a lack of care and respect to us the people who make forums under the Forumotion banner.

God bless one and all,

Kilsek

Back to top Go down

I will be leaving Forumotion Empty Re: I will be leaving Forumotion

Post by Nessa October 6th 2007, 4:01 am

Shocked Kilsek, I'm so sorry you feel this way. This makes me very sad. Sad You may not be staff here, but you are apart of what makes these support forums so great. And i've only been here for what? A lil over 2 months. You can't leave me. No, Please reconsider. Crying or Very sad
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia October 6th 2007, 4:26 am

Hello Kilsek (no I don't have my sword this time ^^)

I will discuss with my colleagues about this. I think some points need to be clarified about what is support and what is not.

And sorry to be not very present here lately. First, the motivation is not so high, and secondly, I have PC problems (more info in the private section of ishimaru-design) and I have been very busy with outdoor jobs.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc October 6th 2007, 5:52 am

My Opinion:
Wow... that looks more like a discussion than a big sign saying "I need help"...

Quote:You will have a answer to all these questions probably very soon, but not here !! This has nothing to do with general discussion. If something doesn't work properly, or if you have a problem, questions will have to be posted in the support section of that forum.

Locked subject !

He never said that there was any technical issues regarding his use of phpbb3... all he said was very much on the lines of a discussion... debates over implementation and suggestions for future update tactics regarding information that forumotion user members should be aware of....

I don't understand what the point of putting "If something doesn't work properly, or if you have a problem, questions will have to be posted in the support section of that forum." when it read pretty clearly that he didn't have any thing "not working properly" and needed "support" O.o

Final Statement:

In the manner that the subject "phpbb3" was presented, it did not occur to me (or any other readers i know of...) that it was an "in need of support thread"... rather it seemed to be an open discussion -- debate, suggestions, questions and ideas -- merely to converse about the new phpbb3 implements.

It is shocking to find censorship (in a well respected forum) on a very general discussion, as no rules nor any terms of service conditions were violated by the user Kilsek on his discussion thread "Phpbb3".

And it is my advice for:
1. Kilsek, sir, to reconsider your decision and announcement for a leave of absence on forumotion and
2. For the discussion to be re-opened because it proves
a) to be a ridiculous decision to be locked and
b)a lack of respect for user(s) of forumotion

Sincerely,

CE
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Female Posts : 229
Language : English/Chinese/ Opps..She has gone on a video gaming expedition!

http://clanfusion.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex October 6th 2007, 8:36 am

Oh dear, i havent been here very long at all, two months i think, and this is such a shame. There is another reply after yours kilsek are you sure roadhogs words werent directed at that?

I have been on so many support forums that i do find it hard to identify this forum as being one which doesnt treat its users with respect. For the most i have seen the team are always polite, help as quickly as they can, do have good communication with tech when tech problems arise....on some of the others i have been on, each and every time there is a tech issue it takes days to resolve and by that time the mods and users are at all out war.

I guess what i am trying to say (in my whole two months experience of forumotion...woooo....Wink) is that it would be a shame to let this forum go the same way, and i really hope this can be resolved without further upset.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc October 6th 2007, 9:09 am

zinex wrote:Oh dear, i havent been here very long at all, two months i think, and this is such a shame. There is another reply after yours kilsek are you sure roadhogs words werent directed at that?

<snip>

Well I'm pretty sure that Roadhog's action and words were directed to the thread because he said he locked the subject and he(or maybe another staff) threw it into the garbage section...(where it resides now)....

If it wasn't directed to the thread.. why would he lock it up and then throw the entire thing into the garbage can? If it was directed to another reply.. all he had to do was take out the unnecessary part..right?
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem October 6th 2007, 10:06 am

Kilsek, request to leave this place is denied I will be leaving Forumotion Redface

The one who took action did so without us knowing and with wrong justifications

I'm re-opening the discussions topic, under the condition ofcourse that the conversation may continue regardless of the error that occurred

And in case some points aren't clear:
> Kilsek you're NOT allowed to leave
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadhog October 6th 2007, 10:18 am

I don't have to justify myself, but I'm doing things based on what I find right to do or not. I've locked this subject yes !! ...... For me, that had nothing to do in the general discussions, 'cause it sound to me more like questions about why this or that weren't working properly. I'm not perfect, and because I act like a human being I can do mistakes ..... apparently I've done one, since the boss decided it wasn't support and Katt said it wasn't to do with support as well ....... well ok then ...... fair enough !!

What more can I say ?! I will take my post out, and the boss will put it back. You will be able then to get back to it.
Roadhog

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadhog October 6th 2007, 10:30 am

Roadhog wrote:I don't have to justify myself, but I'm doing things based on what I find right to do or not. I've locked this subject yes !! ...... For me, that had nothing to do in the general discussions, 'cause it sound to me more like questions about why this or that weren't working properly. I'm not perfect, and because I act like a human being I can do mistakes ..... apparently I've done one, since the boss decided it wasn't support and Katt said it wasn't to do with support as well ....... well ok then ...... fair enough !!

What more can I say ?! I will take my post out, and the boss will put it back. You will be able then to get back to it.
Oh by the way Caihlem since my message is a mistake, and because I've didn't understand I am leaving Foromution and the Foromution staff. If I wasn't able to understand a easy post about PHPBB how can I be able to help people in the juridical section.

So consider me no longer a Juridical consultant and please delete as soon as possible my inscription on forumotion.
Roadhog

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem October 6th 2007, 10:40 am

>.>

As you said you're human and did things humans do...
I wasn't assuming anymore and if we all had to leave our place because of an error we wouldn't stay very long - any of us

If you really insst on leaving, please confirm by P.M, but Ill adit I'drather keep you because this isn't worth you leaving
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa October 6th 2007, 10:57 am

Caihlem wrote:Kilsek, request to leave this place is denied I will be leaving Forumotion Redface

The one who took action did so without us knowing and with wrong justifications

I'm re-opening the discussions topic, under the condition ofcourse that the conversation may continue regardless of the error that occurred

And in case some points aren't clear:
> Kilsek you're NOT allowed to leave

Ha! ~ See, I knew it..You we're never "Allowed" to leave Kilsek! Razz

Thanx Caihlem I love you
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by CBP October 6th 2007, 6:23 pm

Kilsek, just by reading the general forum description: "To talk about anything as long as the rules are respected" you could have just as easily reported a false locking and removal of the topic to another staff member without making a public display. Is it really worth it to leave because of one mistake?
CBP
CBP
Forumember

Male Posts : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa October 6th 2007, 6:42 pm

CBP wrote:Kilsek, just by reading the general forum description: "To talk about anything as long as the rules are respected" you could have just as easily reported a false locking and removal of the topic to another staff member without making a public display. Is it really worth it to leave because of one mistake?

Hi, I don't believe he has made this thread or decided to leave simply because of this minor issue as he has stated in his original post. I believe it was over the simple fact of the way things are handled sometimes here at the support forum in general. I completely understand where he is coming from and with all due respect ,he is a very well respected member and contributor of this community and has every right to speak him mind and express his feeling on this subject. I am glad he has spoken up and made it known how he feels. Communication is a key factor to keeping the wheels of progress oiled here so to speak. I am very pleased with the sevice provided by all staff here at the support forums and am sorry this problem has taken this turn.But In the end, I hope everything can be worked out and Kilsek will remain on as a member here. I know I personaly appreciate all he has done to help others and believe he is a valuable asset to this forum and would be a grave mistake to lose a member of such stature here. thumright
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by CBP October 6th 2007, 6:53 pm

I didn't mean for it to sound insulting if that is what you are implying, and I didn't say that he couldn't speak his mind openly. I was commenting on this one incident. If he has a problem with the way more than one thing is run, then he could have stated it. Lastly, are you saying that if I am not well respected or valued that I cannot post my opinions as well? Fair enough. I keep to myself.
CBP
CBP
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa October 6th 2007, 7:00 pm

No, by no means do I mean you are not a well respected member of the suppout forums, friend. I just mean at times members refrain from saying what they really feel about certain issues pertaining to the way things are handled here and im glad he has spoken up and made it clear as to why he feels this way, ya know? I haven't met alot of members here who will rightfully stand up for what they believe in and respectfully make their stance. No disrespect meant to you what so ever CBP . Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by CBP October 6th 2007, 7:19 pm

Thank you, but no disrespect was recieved.

And I understand that. Speaking up usually means getting banned, so many people don't do so. As I was saying, my first comment was just directed at this one incident, I guess I just misunderstood the overall point of it(had he really intended it to).
CBP
CBP
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc October 7th 2007, 7:13 am

CBP wrote:Thank you, but no disrespect was recieved.

And I understand that. Speaking up usually means getting banned, so many people don't do so. As I was saying, my first comment was just directed at this one incident, I guess I just misunderstood the overall point of it(had he really intended it to).

"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

Simply put, what we comprehend between the lines written are what we interpret.

Intended or not, Kilsek has just put forth an example to remind users and staff to what is defined as support or discussion or whatever the post could be... hasn't he?

Looking through your perspective, he reports the situation to a staff.. the thread is unlocked and returned to general discussion.. and what next? A similar situation happens and repeats after repeating and repeating until too many occurs and the staff has a large discussion over why something like this incident happens over and over and over again or until another person steps up to say the same thing? Wouldn't that be too late?

I mean... looking back in to history.. you could somewhat relate incidents like these to actual events that happen... and all Kilsek has done is alert users and staff while also helping forumotion be better...
That's from the positive perspective...

If it must be viewed through a negative perspective... then you can say that he intentionally wanted to make a fool out of Roadhog by making this issue public.

And I also didn't find it necessary for Roadhog to resign is position as Juridical Consultant due to one minor error... I think that's too extreme...
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Isshin October 7th 2007, 7:30 am

Hey dude don't leave, it's hard to find people who agree with me. ('_')b
Isshin
Isshin
Forumember

Male Posts : 42

http://final-fantasy-msl.justboard.net/

Back to top Go down