The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home page is fine, forum page is stating I have malware installed. Important Update!

+2
TGC HARDC0RE
cecesaun1
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solved Home page is fine, forum page is stating I have malware installed. Important Update!

Post by cecesaun1 Sat 16 Oct 2010 - 4:20

First topic message reminder :

I can sign onto my forum home page with no problem, however when I click the 'forum' link a warning pops up stating that malicious malware has infected my forum. I checked as far as I can go and it's stating it's from 'Google', the warning, not the infection.

Why would it show just one part of the forum and not the part as being infected and how do I fix this. I've had no problems with any other site, nor this site regarding an issue so serious.

Can you help me?

My site home page is http://cecesaun1.forumotion.com/portal.htm

The forum link is http://cecesaun1.forumotion.com/forum.htm

It's stating that I have elements of xmages (which I've never heard of) but it's stating that site is the infected site and somehow has put something in my forum.

I'd appreciate any and all help you can give me.
Thanks bunches!

cecesaun1

Last edited by cecesaun1 on Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 10:41; edited 2 times in total
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Home page is fine, forum page is stating I have malware installed. Important Update!

Post by cecesaun1 Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 6:58

Darren1 wrote:Alright, thanks to your member there's 2 thing's I'd suggest is wrong.

The eaisest way to fix this: Go to: admin panel >> Display > Colours > CSS Stylesheet > Hit the CTRL + F on your keyboard and insert this http://xmages.net/upload/76d8ff33.gif if it comes up, let us know, you may have to replace the image.

The other way, it appears to be a bad text ad, which we'll need to get Typlo to pop in and help out from there.

EDIT: Well, Ive found it hahahaha
Head to: Admin panel >> Display > Pics management /Advanced mode > and locate a changing image that has orange boarders, black background and orange text that says "Onemoresim by black sweety"
I'm not sure what option it's under, so you'd have to find it.

That's it!! That's the xmage thing that the member found. I have no idea of what to do next.... I know exactly what banner image it is....just...what next.... It is a link banner to another Sim related site...don't even know if I should try to go to their site and let them know...if they haven't been warned already.
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Home page is fine, forum page is stating I have malware installed. Important Update!

Post by Darren1 Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 6:59

It's just a link to an image, it's nothing else, just an image link.
They've just uploaded it to a non-reputable site.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 7:02

Darren1 wrote:I meant if it's there we'd have to remove & replace the image, if it's not there, then we'd have to work another solution.

My research into this image has found:
Head to: Admin panel >> Display > Pics management /Advanced mode > and locate a changing image that has orange boarders, black background and orange text that says "Onemoresim by black sweety"
I'm not sure what option it's under, so you'd have to find it.

I really don't want to replace it...I can live without it! Laughing I need to now go to step 2. It's been located, now what? Thanks for helping me! Hello
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 7:08

Alright, excellent work thumleft
Now, simply replace the image link (the one with xmags...) with this link: https://2img.net/i/fa/empty.gif then save Smile

Not a problem helping out Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 7:58

Darren1 wrote:Alright, excellent work thumleft
Now, simply replace the image link (the one with xmags...) with this link: https://2img.net/i/fa/empty.gif then save Smile

Not a problem helping out Smile

Couldn't I just remove the link/banner from my site? It's a banner I added on the site that links to another site. Nothing that the site actually needs as it is not a link that leads to any function on my actual site. And I still need help with getting this worked out with Google. Is this part for Staff or someone to come in? Geez I am so tired, I've working on this for day's, as you have also. I just can't wait to get this fixed. Sad
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 10:40

We got it fixed!!! Thanks for helping me!!!
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 11:04

Not a problem, glad to help out Very Happy
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 18:03

page 1 of - Home page is fine, forum page is stating I have malware installed. Important Update! - Page 2 Stock_lock-ok Solved page 1 of - Home page is fine, forum page is stating I have malware installed. Important Update! - Page 2 103 Locked

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2